• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
I do like it. Only those of us that create art knows how difficult it can be to get blue jeans to bend properly at the thigh and hip. Who made those jeans? Do you do post work?

The jeans are a part of a set called Must-Have Casuals by pixeluna, ghostman & shadownet according to the read me. The set consists of the jeans, top and a pair of shoes that I did not use here. The only change I made was to the material on the shirt and used the morph brush on the jeans for a very small amount of poke through.

I do a fair amount of post work on some of my renders often a lot to the background and to overcome something that is quicker to correct than to re-render. Most of any 'enhancements' these days is done using Particleshop, which is all post work. Some renders are straight from Poser which is almost the case here as the only post work was to the hair and a very small point of poke-through on the shirt that I missed, so the credit for the bending must go to the creator of the jeans.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the link to Mankahoo's hair. It was down when I first went looking for it a while back and then I forgot to check back, so the reminder was handy.

A render! I couldn't decide whether to put this in Dawn renders or Luna renders, so I'm putting it here instead: an assembly of Hivewire kids. It started as curiosity, putting them side by side and see how well they worked together and how they compared for size, but they turned it into a game of Follow-My-Leader.

At the front of the lineup is Pendraia Fae's Diva for Dawn, then Jungle Kids for Diva from CWRW, NapalmArsenal and CG Cubed (a tiny bit shorter, slightly smaller head), then the upcoming Deirdre for Baby Luna- a beta version- by Pendraia (midway in size between Diva/Jungle Kids and Baby Luna, based on a child of around age 3), then Hivewire's Baby Luna herself (using the default size setting).​
Other credits: Flink's Sky, Meadow and Flowers; Mitsu Hair (rescaled and repositioned), Leandro Hair (rescaled and repositioned), Music Diva Hair (rescaled and repositioned); Tank top and shorts from Glitterati, Grandma's Knits from eblank99.

Thank you to everybody for creating such great products!

FollowMyLeader.jpg

Following the leader, the leader, the leader
We're following the leader wherever she may go
We won't be home till morning, till morning, til morning
We won't be home till morning
Because she told us so

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks for the link to Mankahoo's hair. It was down when I first went looking for it a while back and then I forgot to check back, so the reminder was handy.

A render! I couldn't decide whether to put this in Dawn renders or Luna renders, so I'm putting it here instead: an assembly of Hivewire kids. It started as curiosity, putting them side by side and see how well they worked together and how they compared for size, but they turned it into a game of Follow-My-Leader.

At the front of the lineup is Pendraia Fae's Diva for Dawn, then Jungle Kids for Diva from CWRW, NapalmArsenal and CG Cubed (a tiny bit shorter, slightly smaller head), then the upcoming Deirdre for Baby Luna- a beta version- by Pendraia (midway in size between Diva/Jungle Kids and Baby Luna, based on a child of around age 3), then Hivewire's Baby Luna herself (using the default size setting).​
Other credits: Flink's Sky, Meadow and Flowers; Mitsu Hair (rescaled and repositioned), Leandro Hair (rescaled and repositioned), Music Diva Hair (rescaled and repositioned); Tank top and shorts from Glitterati, Grandma's Knits from eblank99.

Thank you to everybody for creating such great products!

View attachment 21553
Following the leader, the leader, the leader
We're following the leader wherever she may go
We won't be home till morning, till morning, til morning
We won't be home till morning
Because she told us so

That works well, just the sort of game children would play, I like it a lot.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I love it HaiGan! That's a wonderful render of the different aged kids playing together. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Going to bed had been a pointless exercise for, despite her tiredness, she had hardly slept a wink. She tried many times to think of something else but each time her thoughts returned to him. She remembered how she disliked him before they had even met, he had saved her sister life and she should feel grateful, in fact she was deeply grateful. Yet she still imagined him as a arrogant, loud mouthed publicity seeker who she already detested. What she found when she met him was a quiet spoken man who could not understand all the fuss and was doing his best to stay out of the limelight.

Yes he was alien as such but through no fault of his own, dragged from his home and his time as a result of trying to save another's life. Now he was fighting for his own and she felt so helpless. She hardly knew him at all so why did his predicament bother her so much?

Wide Awake.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have Yannis, but not the "dreads", so can't really get the Jack Sparrow / Johnny Depp look you've certainly accomplished.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Awesome, VB! Loving the texturing, including the salt-and-pepper hair and the knicks along the sword blade. Nice body hair (hope that doesn't sound weird!). Did wonder how he kept all the blood out of his head hair, though. Does the hilt have a wet-look texture?

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
@HaiGan The sword doesn't have a "wet" texture. The sparkles are just not fully converged. The scratches came with the sword texture. I want to bloody up the blade, though, and I would love to make a bloody mess of the hair too, but the hair is fibermesh-based, so the UV isn't blood friendly... :(

quietrob

Extraordinary
The old fighters were a bundle of fun with the added benefit if you crashed it no one was going to miss such an old crate, all you had to do was ensure you walked away.

View attachment 21627

That old crate looked like it was carved from Steampunk technology. Still equipped with forward firing guns, I sure wouldn't get in it's way. I wonder what the flight ceiling is for such a craft? By the way, even though she spends a lot of time on her ship, I can see her still enjoying an old fashioned flying fighter. I've driven a corvette and a porshe but I still liked driving the old touring cars of the 40's and 50's. Seatbelts are essential these days but that bucket is so old it doesn't have seatbelts. To be fair, none of the starfighters I own have seatbelts either!

Hornet3d

Wise
That old crate looked like it was carved from Steampunk technology. Still equipped with forward firing guns, I sure wouldn't get in it's way. I wonder what the flight ceiling is for such a craft? By the way, even though she spends a lot of time on her ship, I can see her still enjoying an old fashioned flying fighter. I've driven a corvette and a porshe but I still liked driving the old touring cars of the 40's and 50's. Seatbelts are essential these days but that bucket is so old it doesn't have seatbelts. To be fair, none of the starfighters I own have seatbelts either!

Yea, there is a part of me that goes along with that, although the new cars with all their fancy features is a good drive day to day, there is also a charm in some of the old ones that were basic but fun. The other thing is that there is so much to go wrong with cars today some of the old ones just kept on going and were easy to fix.

ockham

Over at Rendo I asked about deer models. I've had some encounters with deer lately and wanted to make some cartoons on my blog. I couldn't find any deer models in the usual places. Seachnasaigh reminded me of Lyne's models, which I'd forgotten about. He also mentioned that Lyne was usually around here.

Lyne's reindeer works beautifully for the mule deer I'm seeing. The ears are scaleable!

Thanks, Lyne!!!!!