• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
That might be another seminar to offer Paul... how to properly set up rigidity and other tid bits we all want to learn in DAZ Studio!

Believe it or not, this is set up with standard rigging, and can be done in Poser or DS with the current weight painting tools. The rigidity map stuff in DS is to prevent morphs from bending parts, but still allow rigid movement.

Definitely good topics for seminars...

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I REALLY can't wait for this figure/set!!! Very anxious! :)

Me too! This will be a shot in the arm for Dawn, the outfit fits well on her. But really excited to have a stylized Anime type character out for the Anime lovers! Also Virtual World has done such a nice job on the new merchant resource skin maps and make up options for this Sora character.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
That outfit with Virtual Worlds textures ......... Sora's is going to be so totally rockin!! I can see the Heavy Metal and Cowboy Bebop renders now!

Nice job on the model here Art-of-Mind Ghostman's Box is awesome too!! I need a tad of feedback from the anime crowd. Does this read anime enough for the slayer kit? Sort of going off the Record of the Lodoss War style. No bumps or displacement maps /Normals there will be the popular crystalline blade options to go with them that are very Anime style.
Silverset33s78 copy.jpg Silverset33s copy.jpg GreenGold copy.jpg Silverset33s787 copy.jpg

Kind of going off this style but keeping within my model's range.

But would LOVE something like this for her.

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thought I'd whip up an Anime hairstyle for Sora.
Here's what I have so far. Started it this afternoon and worked up until tonight.
Will create and model the base of the hair to be pulled to each side. Then I'll create about 6 ft long pigtails that Paul with rig for some awesome posing. I'll create morphs for the bangs for movement. But the cool stuff will be Paul's rig created for the pigtails. Hope to have this done very soon, as Sora is already in beta. I just think after talking to Paul today that this would make a great stylized addition for our Sora.

HairWork8.JPG

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
WICKED Hair CHRIS!! I really love the style!! Reminds me of Ghost In the Shell and of course there is Faye Valentine!!

Ermm ok I suppose I will share just a little. I know some of you have been following the thread. You can see what all is included in the Slayer Kit if you happen to visit.

I'm nearly done with the kit textures. Hashing out some elixir bottles and then I need to map the garlic bulbs. A few more tweaks.

Elixirs Fancy Version
Vial Elixir Vervain 21 copy.jpg Vial Elixir Vervain 2 copy.jpg
Rugged Vintage Look With Blood ! Each of the vintage labels will also have a blood/grime version

Vial Elixir simple shaders Elixirs copy.jpg Vial Elixir simple shaders Elixirs23 copy.jpg SilverVials copy.jpg
Daggers there are grunge versions of these too.
Daggersredfgop45lopo9 copy.jpg Daggers.png
Books - I will leave some blank covers you can personalize.
Book 14 copy.jpg Book 31 copy.jpg Book 29 copy.jpg Book19 copy.jpg

Crucifixes and mortar and pestle
Crosses Carved copy.jpgCrosses Jeweled Gold copy.jpg Marble Mortar.png

Last edited: