• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I wasn't sure if here was appropriate but certainly more so than this doughnut topic scrumptious as it may be.
I have asked elsewhere for the same thing and thought since we are discussing the dog WIP it might be a good thing asking for this if it is at all possible to create.
I love albino....ANYTHING.
I have neen desperate to find an Albino or white tex for ALL my cherished animals, DAZ Donkey which is awesome and their bison and would love a similar tex for Harry and the upcoming BULL. So of course the DOG and mostly the WOLF are up there on my desperate wish list.
Any hopes?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Oops forgot to add....if and when the wolf take on the dog is underway i hope a scruffy rough dirty texture can also be worked out even if nt as nice as a groomed one to give that element of wilder and savage notion. I've seen wolves up close in winter and their coats even in reserves and zoos do get rough and dirty giving them a stronger wild and feral look.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Albinos are alway a possibility, but that sort of thing will have to be created by folks such as Laurie that have that level of skill and interest in creating that. I think that would be better answered by a texture map artist. What I would fear is that they might think there would not be enough interest in creating an albino, thinking the return may not warrant the effort. But if a white map were created as a general interest and then add in the red eyes and pail face and such perhaps so.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Horses don't have true albinos so they don't have pink eyes (closest would be the double dilutes such as Creamello, Perlino and Smokey Creme and they have blue eyes and pink skin that are different to the blue eyes and pink skin in the other coat colours caused by white patterns). I think I recall the unicorn coat for harry has blue eyes (sorry not at that comp to check).
I'm sure blue eyes could be one of the eye colours for the cat and the dogs models as they are quite common (as are white coats) but like Chris said, it would be up to a texture creator to want to do it :)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Well, for the wolf at least, I'm thinking there might be enough Game of Thrones fans, to warrant an albino.

Although it's funny that his eyes are never that red in the show, even though he is a CGI wolf.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Albinos are alway a possibility, but that sort of thing will have to be created by folks such as Laurie that have that level of skill and interest in creating that. I think that would be better answered by a texture map artist. What I would fear is that they might think there would not be enough interest in creating an albino, thinking the return may not warrant the effort. But if a white map were created as a general interest and then add in the red eyes and pail face and such perhaps so.
Of course you are right. Doesn't need to read ALBINO immediately. Eyes can be faked when working on the MAT poses as needed. But the white hair with bits of pink skin peeking through in certain areas where the fur would normally be thinner would work I think and that can easily be created for white coat animals. There is a white coat for harry if I remember correctly right?
Since the Harry textures would also map onto say the buck or bull or donkey versions of harry that would solve that problem....yes?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Horses don't have true albinos so they don't have pink eyes (closest would be the double dilutes such as Creamello, Perlino and Smokey Creme and they have blue eyes and pink skin that are different to the blue eyes and pink skin in the other coat colours caused by white patterns). I think I recall the unicorn coat for harry has blue eyes (sorry not at that comp to check).
I'm sure blue eyes could be one of the eye colours for the cat and the dogs models as they are quite common (as are white coats) but like Chris said, it would be up to a texture creator to want to do it :)

I would normally defer to the more knowledgeable than me but I have seen images of Albino horses...real or faked I do not know but to my understanding, any animal can become an albino since it is genetic issue.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Well, for the wolf at least, I'm thinking there might be enough Game of Thrones fans, to warrant an albino.

Although it's funny that his eyes are never that red in the show, even though he is a CGI wolf.

As I wrote since Harry is already available with white coat and the MATs and textures for him also work more or less n the other animals created and mapped from him, wouldn't the albino?-LIKE texture need to be created once and just re-purposed that once in a blue moon it might be needed, on one of the other animals here or slated for later release?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Of course you are right. Doesn't need to read ALBINO immediately. Eyes can be faked when working on the MAT poses as needed. But the white hair with bits of pink skin peeking through in certain areas where the fur would normally be thinner would work I think and that can easily be created for white coat animals. There is a white coat for harry if I remember correctly right?
Since the Harry textures would also map onto say the buck or bull or donkey versions of harry that would solve that problem....yes?

Whisper is the closest to what an albino might look like- blue eyes though not pink. And yes the MATs should work for most if maybe not all of the projected Harry morphs. I AM working on a white stag for the deer family. I did try Whisper on the stag but want to make a different fur pattern for him.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Your welcome :) Some of the very pale coats do read like albino and if you don't know its easy to be mistaken. I have been doing research on horse coats as I am making some

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Well I guess what i am looking for is something like these samples which were labeled as Albino....also apparently by people who don't know the difference.These are just four I have in my archives I have many more and have seen many more than that on Google Search.

CWRW I have to go look at those textures. If they come close I will buy them.
I just love the look of white animals and Albinos give them a unique and other-worldy quality.
I especially would love to see what you are doing with the stag and if that can be migrated to the Spanish bull oh so happy me.
I have one of those beautiful Bisons from DAZ and have wanted to get a white/Albino texture for it forever without much luck.
Also saw a beautiful fully maned African lion male albino image that made me want that too.
Not trying to start trouble just vocalizing wishful thinking and throwing ideas at the creative wall to see if anything sticks.
If I could create this stuff myself i would just hunker down and do it myself instead of constantly bothering people on these threads begging for stuff i want or need for my images.
Singing off! :)

albino horse-d0a7cd91.jpg

albino horse.jpg

albino horseb124b6_b.jpg

albino horsebc33ac.jpg

The las image comes closest to what I have been looking for and if you can imagine a similar tex on the Spanish Bull and the dogs and............ ;)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Whisper is the closest to what an albino might look like- blue eyes though not pink. And yes the MATs should work for most if maybe not all of the projected Harry morphs. I AM working on a white stag for the deer family. I did try Whisper on the stag but want to make a different fur pattern for him.
Can you post the image of the Whisper tex on the stag? I just realized i think I bought Whisper...gotta go look! ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah, they all look like Creamellos to me (the last one could be Perlino or Smokey Cream as it looks like it has a darker mane or it could be just dirty :p).

Cremello is a double dilute of Chestnut (single dilute produces Palominos), Perlino is a DD of Bay (single produces Buckskin) and Smokey Cream is DD of Black (single produces Smokey Black but they don't look much different to a normal black in most cases). There is another dilute colour modifier called Champagne and in real life can look almost purple/lilac because of the pink skin (but their eyes tend to be more hazel/green).

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
As a follow up...sorry I just could not let this go this morning...to damn much espresso....two pots!...grinding teeth and guts are jumping and can't turn this darn computer off and.....I will share a few more of my WHITE or ALBINO animal images from y archives. How can anyone NOT want these? ;)

leon albino.jpg

african white lions.jpg

albino fox.jpg

albino gorilla.jpg

albino linx.jpg

albino lion.jpg

albino rhino.jpg

albino stag.jpg

albino_white buffalo.jpg