• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Thank you all for the sympathetic comments. My Smokeman(Smokey) left us two weeks ago and I am having someone from a rescue come look at our house tomorrow so I can find another friend when I see a pet that touches my heart. I don't want a replacement but somehow I am just sad and empty without a friendly face looking up at me from the "prince" blanket on the couch. I guess that is what happens when you have a family pet for over 16 years. You just can't resist another to cuddle and fuss over. It is kind of a shock to me that rescues now charge $300+ to consider letting you adopt a pet plus references and house visits etc. Still I am going for a rescue rather than buying a puppy since that only encourages overbreeding.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Have been knitting this "hole" sweater in 3DSMAX and Zbrush since yesterday. Finished texturing today. Figure is Dawn with my CatsEyes character morph, textures, and outfit. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

HoleSweater_1200.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
I was so concerned about your loss I forgot to say I thought the render was great. As Lyne has already said, it is great that our art can help us deal with life or even allow us to escape the real world for a few brief moments.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
That time of year is almost here, Halloween!
So keeping in the spirit of that spooky time, Sweet Pumpkin is back and wicked as well. :devil"

The model is Dawn, I converted from V4 and reworked this set for her.
The earrings, horns and her throne are props made by me. Background is Mystic Forest Cyclorama from DAZ.
RDNA Dramatic Shadows lighting.

SweetPumpkin.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Character created with Dawn + Universal Anime Head. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

* Lace Stockings: ~Diamond Dress~ by Ken1171 from HiveWire3D.
* Cat ears and tail: ~Animal Anime Pack~ by Ken1171 from Content Paradise
* Blush props: ~Anime Expression Props~ by Ken1171 from Content Paradise
* Cardy Boots by Ken1171
* Keyhole kitty top by Ken1171
* Bell collar by Ken1171

Meow_1200.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Superb renders everyone!!!

And before you throw tomatoes at me there is not one bit of Dusk in these guys.
Gone Fishing
Jungle Kids Zan and Taji for Diva, Dawn Starter Morphs, Dawn Body Shapes, and Dawn SE
(A collaboration project with CWRW, CG-Cubed and NapalmArsenal)
Dawn Skinny Jeans
CWRW Classic Denim textures for Dawn Skinny jeans.
RDNA Foxglove and morphing tree and hill
Diveny's Splashes Brushes
Untitled-2d.jpg

Last edited:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear

Ha! I conquered that hair! I had to turn it's cast shadows off, and choose a new light from Fabi's Mild Boreal instead of her Warm&Soul I normally use...
but THEN I had fun dialing all of DAWN SE's many dials, right down to changing her belly button shape! LOL! Chris is such a wizard! Pose is Island Girls!
Clouds are PhotoGG's Cathedral Skies- replaced the photo background's sky with his! :) Ken's western gulls of course! :)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So after watching the Poser webinar yesterday on Superfly. I got the urge to play around with the materials on the Huntress outfit for Dawn. I had sort of a Buffy idea in mind and ended up with this render:
View media item 2165
Of course you really can't see much of the outfit at all there, and even in what I did, since I was going for black leather, you can't really see much detail, but here's what I was playing around with anyway:
View media item 2166

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I also got more enthusiastic about rendering with Superfly after watching Chuck explain the Physical Surface node. My only regret was that the webinar wasn't long enough!! :D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Amen to that! In fact, I posted that as my comment on the Webinar Survey. I would've liked it to be about another 1/2 hour at least.

Oh and it's available on YouTube for anyone who didn't get to see it, or for those who did, but would like to go through it again.