• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They don't call them Laughing Kookaburras for nothing Miss B :)
(the other kinda trill in the background is the person trying to get him/her to speak)
(you will need to hit the YouTube button to view)

They are a very large Kingfisher.

Jan

Adventurous
My take on a Kookaburra eating a lizard, not technically an Aussie Skink, but used the Western Fence Lizard I have submitted a larger version to the gallery.

KookaburraEatLizard1a.jpg

Jan

Adventurous
Rae, listened to your link of the Kookaburra "laughing". Just a note to say they do this a lot very early in the morning, going on sunrise and if the family is on a tree or something close to your house, well you get woken up, it is not that bad at other times cause you are awake :lol:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
it's a funny sound that makes me laugh... BUT I wouldn't laugh early in the am!! Thank goodness we don't have anything but the softly trilling morning doves near me.... as a kid I would sometimes hear the annoying peacocks that lived down a ways on our dirt road country-ish home.... those can be really shrill! :/

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Up here on the Gold Coast you most often hear them when its going to rain. At my grandfathers place they used to come down when he was chopping wood so they could eat the witchetty grubs (or pinch our snags if we were having a BBQ) :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Already commented on the lovely images in other threads. Great photo, Szark - and that video made me laugh too!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Great renders!

Lyne-- that Fence Lizard better watch out-- Lizards are on the Hawk menu
your image has the full circle of life in it-- Moth eats nectar from flower, Lizard eats moth, Hawk eats Lizard, Hawk poop fertilizes more flowers

Carey

Extraordinary
Among the many things these guys eat are mice, but like owls they don't digest the bones, I forget what they call these little packets they cough back up, but they do so just like owls. most of the early jungle movies used this birds voice as back ground sound although these birds do not call the Africa home at all...... These little guys are also deadly snake hunters
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Carey

Extraordinary
I love birds, love every thing about them...They are like these aliens from another planet that you don't have to leave earth to study. They have an intelligence you can't fully measure on a human scale. I mean you can say they are not smart as a human, but when was the last time you flew into a pin point landing while wind shear was all around. My Macaw has a sense of humor greater even then my own, and he pulls pranks on me all the time. It took a whole window frame, but he now knows not to chew on anything but his wooden chew toys. All our birds are potty trained and kindly announces to the world when I am going to the bath room as well as tells us when the dogs want out. Sugar, our Umbrella Cockatoo asks you about food before tasting it, "Is it good?" he will ask. They can tell time with no watch at all as we have our birds on a schedule and they expect you to be on time for feedings and play time

Yet there is sadness in all of them, they don't fully fit into our world, nor can they fit into their own any more..They still have all their wild instincts and it causes them no end of frustration when trying to fit into our world and you know after all the years of working with birds I think that we humans learned how to dance and the joy of dancing from birds.....

cock-of-the-rock-2.jpg

an old poser rnder

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sweet, and love the comments - your birds sound amazing!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Actually I love that birds actually ARE the descendants of dinosaurs... NOT that I don't love your stories, @Carey - you know I love both your art and fun narratives!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's a sweet render Carey. I like the way the branch is hovering (or looks like it's hovering) over the water. :)