• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna Ponytail hairstyle underway.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is all looking SO great, Chris! I'm especially loving that "bumpy ponytail" thing you have going on... I'm already seeing possibilities for small hair ties, rubberbands, metal hair cuffs and other things to make as add-ons to that tail. Yeah, I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it and start playing! :D LOL

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Welcome back Satin!

Looking forward to the Hair Chris! Will there be a braided tail?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So glad this thread is restored. You've made allot of really great progress here Chris. Love the morphs and the fits. I love the "Man Bun" on Dusk, make me laugh! lol :p

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
What Seliah said....plus I want her bits as well. Looks and sounds like something really useful.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Welcome back Satin!

Looking forward to the Hair Chris! Will there be a braided tail?

For sure! But it would be an add-on tail product, much like the ponytail. Default would be the bun and tails could be inexpensive add-ons so folks could pick and choose. This way we won't have to have a bunch of options for ponytails on day one. They can follow and be made available as demand warrants.

But I do have some cool braided options in mind as well as a host of others. I'm certain many here will still have many more ideas then even we've planned. Here's a few that I like as reference.

BaseHair3.jpg
BaseHairAlternate.jpg
BaseHairTailOption2.jpg
BaseHairTailOption3.jpg
BaseHairTailOption4.jpg
BaseHairTailOption6.jpg
BaseHairTailOption7.jpg
BaseHairTailOption8.jpg
BaseHairTailOption9.jpg

BaseHairTailOption10.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Wow...can we have them all! They are all gorgeous but I especially want that little ponytail for Diva...

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like the "Jeanie" pony tails. Although I do wish someone would remember that sometimes pony tails and braids start at the base of the skull too. ;) Of course those aren't as fabulous or gorgeous. And as I've barely started to tackle making content for DS, I am nowhere near ready to make hair.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like the "Jeanie" pony tails. Although I do wish someone would remember that sometimes pony tails and braids start at the base of the skull too. ;) Of course those aren't as fabulous or gorgeous. And as I've barely started to tackle making content for DS, I am nowhere near ready to make hair.

:yeahthat: Yes! This is similar to what I was just going to say. That one "bumpy" tail preview that you posted, I would love, LOVE something like that which started at the base of the skull. I see SO MANY ponytail and braid items that are wonderful, very well made, but because the tail starts at the top of the head, they can NOT be used on males. When one renders NA males, this is a really big point of frustration. Heck, even as a female, I always start my ponytails and braids at the base of the neck, not the top of the head. :)

I really need that kind of a rigged "bumpy/segmented" braid/ponytail for the males, but starting at the top of the head makes it distinctly female and it cannot be applied to the boys and look good on them. That's one of the biggest reasons I use so many of Ali's items on my males; the tails from certain of his products can be parented to another hair base, which it looks like I will be able to do with the tails you are making now as well. But trying to match hair colors and textured appearance between two different items to make the hairstyle is a difficult thing to do at times.

I really like the way this product is looking. I love it. It is going to fly into my cart as soon as I see it in the store! LOL :D But would it be possible to have a morph to be able to sort of "tighten" the hole in the back of the cap instead? That won't stretch the whole cap trying to pull the hole down to the nape, and would allow us to 'close' the back of the skull if we want to use the translate dials to bring the add-on tails down the head to the nape.

It's just a thought I had as I looked at your previews is all. I really do like the way this is shaping up (and I am already TOTALLY sold on it! haha), but I definitely would like to be able to use the long ponytail/braid objects on Dusk as well.