• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This tongue will also have a sweet rig set up by Paul. The rig will certainly aid in asymmetry of tongue positions and further shaping enhancements. I have also included tongue morphs that when coupled with the rig should be quite effective.

Having said that I don't think we'd be able to properly cover the lapping up of milk without an added morph. Will still probably add a few paw morphs, but I'm going to reserve all those until we see what Paul will need when he starts rigging Kitty in a few more days.

Back to my nightly skeleton modeling for Dusk for now. Back on the cub work tomorrow. Hope to finish the cub morph by end of tomorrow actually.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
That's going to be some rigging job!!

Superb work !! Love the yawn and absolutely adore the cub morph!!
I can tell those cubs are going to be unmercifully, irresistibly cute. If you throw a few of them in there together, it will be to the point of disgustingly kitty cute !!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Speaking of cat paws, I'm now wondering if big cats knead...Hmm, it appears the answer is yes.

Seriously, I want one. :inlove:

My understanding of that behavior is that it starts with kittens, because when they are nursing it helps stimulate the milk. But it also soothes the mother, which is why they continue to do it as a sign of affection even as adult cats.

Zaarin

Brilliant
My understanding of that behavior is that it starts with kittens, because when they are nursing it helps stimulate the milk. But it also soothes the mother, which is why they continue to do it as a sign of affection even as adult cats.
Yep. :) And while mountain lions are technically "medium sized cats" like cheetahs (they're the biggest cat that purrs), another site says lions and tigers knead too. :D I love watching big cats and noticing how they're just giant house cats. ;) With much larger claws. And teeth. And more dire consequences for when they decide to affectionately sink those claws and teeth into your soft human skin...

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Yep. :) And while mountain lions are technically "medium sized cats" like cheetahs (they're the biggest cat that purrs), another site says lions and tigers knead too. :D I love watching big cats and noticing how they're just giant house cats. ;) With much larger claws. And teeth. And more dire consequences for when they decide to affectionately sink those claws and teeth into your soft human skin...

I was wondering about that, the purring that is. I had heard that big cats don't purr. I didn't know mountain lions were technically not big cats. They certainly are big enough. But yes, the behaviors are very similar. Although I don't think a mountain lion would bring you dead birds and mice as gifts.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Tigers do purr, I got to hear one many years ago asleep across it's keepers lap sucking on his fingers and purring for all it was worth lol

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Tigers do purr, I got to hear one many years ago asleep across it's keepers lap sucking on his fingers and purring for all it was worth lol
:lol: I'm not sure I want to get close enough to a Big Cat to see if it purrs.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
:lol: I'm not sure I want to get close enough to a Big Cat to see if it purrs.
Hehe it got even more interesting when the tiger started to lick his leg, a bit like getting your leg waxed with sandpaper from his comments lol

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Finished the Leopard Cub today.

leopard214.JPG
leopard215.JPG
leopard215a.JPG
leopard215b.JPG
leopard215c.JPG
leopard215d.JPG
leopard216.JPG