• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Hunter 3D's Upcoming Products (featuring Dawn 2.0)

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
So then, will it be a happy week (Dawn 2.0 is here) or a sad week (Dawn 2.0 is no where to be seen)?

1679270334227.jpeg

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I mentioned somewhere previously that these Dawn2 Cyborgs do not use either Dynamic or Conforming clothing.
They are made using two overlayed material second skin layers, utilizing displacement mapping.

Here she is with leaving the inner layer as her human skin:
(this shows the how the displacement map looks by itself)
1679276215233.jpeg

Last edited:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Since Dawn 2.0 will be released to the Renderosity marketplace yes, Jenn is Jenn Blake since she's the gal that will be giving us the content packages to make stuff for her before release. So hoping she's going to be in the store sometime this week probably isn't going to happen since they promised us a month or two to get our stuff ready for the store so everything can be released at the same time or thereabouts.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Since Dawn 2.0 will be released to the Renderosity marketplace yes, Jenn is Jenn Blake since she's the gal that will be giving us the content packages to make stuff for her before release. So hoping she's going to be in the store sometime this week probably isn't going to happen since they promised us a month or two to get our stuff ready for the store so everything can be released at the same time or thereabouts.
:thankyou: I didn't know of this.

Previously we got Dawn 2.0 beta from here at Hivewire.
I'll see what happens with P13 and then I'll contact her.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
With 13 so close I think they won't release D2 until she's fully tested in it. Sigh.
Sigh ... would be right.

I've been developing a lot of stuff for Dawn 2.0 for well over a year.
And I would have to start considering it to some extent a waste of time if she continues to not be released :mad:
If a different figure comes with P13, then that will be my queue to jump ship.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sigh ... would be right.

I've been developing a lot of stuff for Dawn 2.0 for well over a year.
And I would have to start considering it to some extent a waste of time if she continues to not be released :mad:
If a different figure comes with P13, then that will be my queue to jump ship.
I can understand the frustration but my personal view is that any new figure is unlikely to have the success of Dawn 2, at least in the initial stages. Dawn 2 has some momentum from Dawn 1 and Dawn SE, along with Hivewire3D's reputation for supplying the goods, behind her were any new figure is going to have to cut their own ground.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
If Dawn2 works in P13 then who cares what figure comes with the program? It doesn't invalidate anything done thus far. Isn't the point of Dawn the fact she works in both softwares? No one ever said she was to be the flagship figure for P13 that I can recall, just that she would take advantage of the latest Poser feature set. Dawn was never the headliner in Poser or Studio and the fact she won't be the feature player on the P13 stage doesn't mean she can't steal the scene from the production's star player.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
If Dawn2 works in P13 then who cares what figure comes with the program? It doesn't invalidate anything done thus far. Isn't the point of Dawn the fact she works in both softwares? No one ever said she was to be the flagship figure for P13 that I can recall, just that she would take advantage of the latest Poser feature set. Dawn was never the headliner in Poser or Studio and the fact she won't be the feature player on the P13 stage doesn't mean she can't steal the scene from the production's star player.
I too think that Dawn 2.0 will blitz the competition.

My point is only concerning what would be the best figure for which to currently develop.
I have many Dawn 2.0 products on the back burner, but they can’t be completed and submitted until she comes out.
So, if she is still not ready, then, just for now, it would be better to work on something that can be submitted.

Hornet3d

Wise
I too think that Dawn 2.0 will blitz the competition.

My point is only concerning what would be the best figure for which to currently develop.
I have many Dawn 2.0 products on the back burner, but they can’t be completed and submitted until she comes out.
So, if she is still not ready, then, just for now, it would be better to work on something that can be submitted.

Well the introduction of Dawn 2 will not stop the use of Dawn 1/SE stone dead and the same could be said for La Femme. No matter how great any new figure is it will take time to gain traction. There can be many reason for this, some will not be able to afford the cost of equipping for a new figure, some will wait and see how much of a dent the figure will make. Story writers may be slow to update as they will not want a new figure appearing in mid story while yet more will need time to get to know the new figure. Yet more will need to be convinced that the new figure gives them something not available with their present choice. It is certainly true the the more outfits and morphs a figure has the better the change of success, but, good as your outfits are they will not make a success of Dawn 2 on their own. I suspect that you will get good sales, not just because of the high quality, but because users of the new figure will need something. I am just not sure the sales will outstrip Dawn 1/SE and La Femme sales from day one.