• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
count the gnomes in Carrara :cool: :eek::inverted:

modelled the gnome in Carrara starting with a polyhedron..... yeah, I wondered why as well! :D

Hornet3d

Wise
The location of the Inn on the coast was idyllic, one Caoimhe loved, a location she took full advantage of in her free time. The location however had been selected because of it's historic relevance or features which could be put to good use today. The Inn had been used extensively for smuggling purposes in the distant past, booze being the main commodity although not the only contraband passing through. The whole Inn reeked of it's past and atmosphere seemed to ooze from it's walls leaving Caoimhe imagining many of the exploits that had taken place within it's walls. She wondered how the pirates souls would react to her own mission and the use of the same basement, now somewhat modified, that they had used with similar intent.

Sub Basement HW.jpg

theschell

Brilliant
After the great Kanto Quake in the early 2000's, Cyberoids very quickly gained a postion as laborers in the reconstruction. Mass manufactured cheaply and in large quantities, they were looked upon as an inexpensive substitute for human labor and by the 2020's had become common-place in businesses and on the streets of Mega-Tokyo. After the passing of the Anti-Cyberoid Laws of the mid-2020's (due to numerous instances of Cyberoids going rogue from OS errors and over-use... certain high-end types could even become fully self-aware which was considered a glitch on the programming safe-guards!), certain types of Cyberoid - those most closely resembling Humans and thus harder to detect if they escaped their owners - were banned or limited, though the very cheap A, B, and C class types remain in mass-production due to low cost, ease of maintenance, and limited functionality. Easy to distinguish from people by obvious seam-lines, mechanical parts, or different colors of "skin", these types were not as strictly controlled under the new laws, are easily purchased, and made to order for customer specifications and can be programmed with distinct personalities and for any role the buyer wishes...

PinnochiaPromo.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
The continued effort in setting up the colony was having a great impact on Caoimhe and she knew she was irritable and short tempered, she had no time to relax and began to wonder just how much longer she could cope at this level. It was this pressure and the effect it was having on her that she guessed had been the reason for the change in Turlough who she had seen so little of the past month or so. They saw each other every day but all contact was brief and work related they had little or no time to talk. Tonight had been no different they had met for a few moments just enough time for him to request she check out the equipment in one of the hangers.

The doors swished open in response to her placing her hand on the scanning panel, she took a few moments to fully take in what lay before her. Somehow, on one of his trips back to the stricken carrier, he had found a way to liberate one of the stimbeds that were were located close to the holodeck, not only that but it appeared he had also installed it in the hanger. The realisation of just what he had been doing in the last month or so gave her a pang of guilt and she made a mental note that she had to make it up to him and soon, but not right now she decided.

Stimbed HW.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Here is the frontispiece of another personal reading project. The fic is a WiP and the author's got a lot of other irons in the fire, so I've no idea when it will ever get updated. It's a crossover fic between the Potterverse and the Mummy franchise. Some bits are hilarious.

In any event, Rick and Evvie's grandaughtrer Alex is a Hufflepuff, in the same year as Harry Potter. Both made friends with the large black dog out of the school grounds and took turns feeding him dog-safe biscuits (the asked the Elves).

That is, until the day the dog turned into Sirius Black. (I left the oil paint filter on.)

Frntspiece.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoihme knew where her contact would be at this time, or at least she thought she did, he would normally at the corner Cafe by this time of the evening. The fact he was not there bothered her but not as much as the car parked at the end of the street. The information she had could save lives but she feared it could be at great cost to her, she needed to think of another way and fast.

Paris Evening HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
The computer was programmed to base each exercise on past performance and then ensure that any exercise would take individual up to, and most times, slightly outside their comfort zone. There were occasions when Caoimhe felt her definition of slightly was very different to that of the computer, and this was one such occasion.

Face off HW.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Another personal reading project. I'm a bit sorry I can't post this one because I'm rather pleased with it. But nope. Not going to happen. I left the analog art filter on.

This one I pulled an MGM Wizard of Oz schtick with. It opens at #4 Privit Dr in modern day. Most of the fic takes place back at the time of the founding of Hogwarts.

So. Midnight on Harry's 15th birthday in the summer after the triWizard tournament a stranger appears in Harry's room and offers him an escape from the Dursleys.

Privit-Dr.jpg