• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
I'm excited as well about D2FM's potential, but the artists I've talked to say they're waiting for the release. That troubles me because I'd like for artists to take the plunge now in order to exalt D2FM from the onset.
I'm not sure if this has already been answered somewhere in this 125 page thread, but, how can artists make things for D2 when she has not been released yet? This is probably a dumb question but I'm confused, can we make skins for the original Dawn and have them fit D2? I have both Dawn and Special ed Dawn...

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure if this has already been answered somewhere in this 125 page thread, but, how can artists make things for D2 when she has not been released yet? This is probably a dumb question but I'm confused, can we make skins for the original Dawn and have them fit D2? I have both Dawn and Special ed Dawn...
I believe there is a development group that has access to the betas, I am unsure how one joins it but I would guess reaching out to Chris ans expressing a desire to make content for Dawn would be one method. I hope to be able to support Dawn 2 at some point myself but currently can not run the required version of Poser.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Any content provider interested in creating content for Dawn 2.0 (and Dusk 2.0 when he is ready) should contact Chris. He has provided beta versions of Dawn 2.0 on request to content providers.

Pretty sure Chris mentioned that in this topic some pages back (but yes, there are a LOT of pages to dig through). Of course, I simply emailed him January last year, and said I planned to provide content for Dawn 2.0.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Dawn 2.0 is still in early beta stage as the rigging is not 100% complete in this version , but you can make skin , morphs or clothing, as Satira stated please contact Chris , you need to commit to finish at last one product for the release and sign NDA . The currently beta don't have any morphs , it is s blank setup with UVs for D|S & Poser.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The current beta has no clones as well, so I will have to wait for the next update to start transferring my morphs to it. I wouldn't say the rigging is 'early' stage, but it's not final, so rigging clothing will have to wait. But you can rig it if you feel adventurous. Cath has done some of it already. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Really, really, really (really) wanting to start making morphs for Da2.

Moving a mouse (not even a pen) and typing is all I'll be able to do for 3 months. A new mesh to play with would make that time go by quicker.

Really.

Ask Chris for the beta version. Morphs are one thing we can do with it at the current state. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh gosh, looks like I've missed the last several pages of communication here. I'll have to go back and read to catch up. But until then here are some screen grabs showing JCM fixes.

Paul gave me 4 joint control morph positions that could use some love and improvement. So here is the first one.

Shoulder and Collar thickness fix. Showing before and after shots to see what has been improved upon.

Once I have these completed. I'll send back to Paul to put together. Then... we'll be ready to send out to artists to create for. Yay!!!

Thank you Cath and Ken for giving input to Paul for what is needed on this shoulder JCM. Mainly the narrowing up from front to back of the shoulder. But I've also made other adjustments as well, mainly in the armpit area, shape and height adjustment there.

ShoulderCollar1.JPG
ShoulderCollar1a.JPG

ShoulderCollar2.JPG
ShoulderCollar2a.JPG

ShoulderCollar3.JPG
ShoulderCollar3a.JPG

ShoulderCollar4.JPG
ShoulderCollar4a.JPG

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Oh gosh, looks like I've missed the last several pages of communication here. I'll have to go back and read to catch up. But until then here are some screen grabs showing JCM fixes.

Paul gave me 4 joint control morph positions that could use some love and improvement. So here is the first one.

Shoulder and Collar thickness fix. Showing before and after shots to see what has been improved upon.

Once I have these completed. I'll send back to Paul to put together. Then... we'll be ready to send out to artists to create for. Yay!!!

Thank you Cath and Ken for giving input to Paul for what is needed on this shoulder JCM. Mainly the narrowing up from front to back of the shoulder. But I've also made other adjustments as well, mainly in the armpit area, shape and height adjustment there.

View attachment 68871View attachment 68872

View attachment 68873View attachment 68874

View attachment 68875View attachment 68876

View attachment 68877View attachment 68878
So happy to see this fixes Chris , it looks so much more natural now and relaxed, thankfully you got the armpits done too, and everything falls into better balance and harmony !
I see you missing a lot, I just prepared 100 new products :laugh:

DanaTA

Distinguished
Nobody else things the dip from the shoulder to the neck is a bit extreme? Maybe it's just me. The muscle between the shoulder and the neck flexes upward a bit when you shrug. I don't mean to be a downer.

Dana

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Maybe just a little trap work? Since that is what pulls the shoulders up in the shrug. But, maybe it differs between male/female and how muscled someone is? I'm not sure, I would have to see some various folks doing it! lol