• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
And in main time I was doing some concept for another outfit , think post-apocalypse, SF planet , Monster Hunter etc.. maybe time for Lida to try out this outfit we will see tomorrow, with red hair she would looks cool in this I think., for now just some modeling WIP
Materials and colors , old leather, natural burlap , wear off , used , dirty , old
The pants need pockets and also some props

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-10 025043.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-10 025043.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot 2021-04-10 025452.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-10 025452.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot 2021-04-10 025342.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-10 025342.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot 2021-04-10 025324.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-10 025324.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot 2021-04-10 025256.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-10 025256.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot 2021-04-10 025013.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-10 025013.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot 2021-04-10 024951.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-10 024951.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot 2021-04-10 024929.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-10 024929.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot 2021-04-10 024904.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-10 024904.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
SO I had to bop someone over the head with one of your renders above Cath. It was on Fb, Snow Sultan's post and some person said that Dawn with TRASH! :mad: So I added a post under theirs stating that Dawn was NOT trash, that she was a BASE to make a beautiful or ugly as you want. I reminded this idiot that Genesis doesn't look like much when you load them fresh into a scene! And then posted your image there to blow their minds! :balloon03:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
People don't understand that Base Figure is a blank canvas that needs perfect topology and be very well rigged , and good UVs , the rest is the limit of imaginations. Simple ! that why I know D2F and D2M gonna change a lot soon .
It was like back in the day when Apollo Maximus was all the rage. Someone said he looked doughy and could never look like a model so I proved them wrong!

Last edited:

AllenArt

Eager
Someone posted long ago that default V4 had a face that looked like "a bag of smashed crabs"....lol. Genesis of any version does as well, by design. You're supposed to make them yours, not leave them as they are ;). As base figures go, I think even Dawn and Dusk still look a bit too distinctive, but that's being fixed with the #2 versions. I can never leave any figure - base or otherwise - alone. I have to make it mine somehow by mixing and even making my own morphs sometimes :p. Some ppl just have less imagination than others ;).

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
SO I had to bop someone over the head with one of your renders above Cath. It was on Fb, Snow Sultan's post and some person said that Dawn with TRASH! :mad: So I added a post under theirs stating that Dawn was NOT trash, that she was a BASE to make a beautiful or ugly as you want. I reminded this idiot that Genesis doesn't look like much when you load them fresh into a scene! And then posted your image there to blow their minds! :balloon03:
It's bad stigma , but don't worry , they just talking trash because they have not enough skills to make anything from it , forgetting that people that created Genesis making Dawn too. I don't like politics involved in Art, the world is big enough to serve many 3D figures , and the same with online stores. It is not about what is better, it is about what you do with it . Dawn 2 in Daz Studio is also Genesis just with a different topology , it still use Genesis system, so it is not much different.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Some ppl just have less imagination than others ;).
I agree, but one thing I've found too often is, a good many folks want to just "load and render", or as photographers often say "point and click". That's not what 3D characters are all about, and until they get the idea that 3D characters need to be "customized" to get the best results, they'll continue to complain about how any default figure loads in the appropriate software.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Someone posted long ago that default V4 had a face that looked like "a bag of smashed crabs"....lol. Genesis of any version does as well, by design. You're supposed to make them yours, not leave them as they are ;). As base figures go, I think even Dawn and Dusk still look a bit too distinctive, but that's being fixed with the #2 versions. I can never leave any figure - base or otherwise - alone. I have to make it mine somehow by mixing and even making my own morphs sometimes :p. Some ppl just have less imagination than others ;).
True every word ! I remember V4 release , and all its complainings about her face lol people don't understand , how less stylized the base is how better to make changes and new morphs. Not to mention the UVs
Well said !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
It was like back in the day when Apollo Maximus was all the rage. Someone said he looked doughy and could never look like a model so I proved them wrong!
Let's focus on what we do, and not let the bitterness spoil it , I still use Daz Studio and Poser together and care less about what other people thinks and even less regarding their fanatic behavior . The constant complains and wars spoiled other forums, here is not a place for that so let stay positive, of course it sucks sometimes as words can be sharper than knives sometimes. But let show everyone what it is all about.
So far my customers enjoying what they seeing and since new figures works in both programs even better.
It is not possible to make happy 4 millions of people , but there is enough room for everyone in this world.
and as Lisa always said, " it is all about the Art "
Remember any publicity is a good publicity , no matter good or bad , there is no light without darkness, there is no love without hate !
I would be worry if there would be complete silence !

and one more thing , The best is yet to come ! :applause: ;)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I agree, but one thing I've found too often is, a good many folks want to just "load and render", or as photographers often say "point and click". That's not what 3D characters are all about, and until they get the idea that 3D characters need to be "customized" to get the best results, they'll continue to complain about how any default figure loads in the appropriate software.
So true Miss B , so true

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Work in progress and update on my last SF outfit .
New arms sun blockers, gloves, and UVs & pockets

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-10 203317.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-10 203317.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot 2021-04-10 203231.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-10 203231.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot 2021-04-10 203214.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-10 203214.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot 2021-04-10 203152.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-10 203152.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot 2021-04-10 203132.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-10 203132.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Let's focus on what we do, and not let the bitterness spoil it , I still use Daz Studio and Poser together and care less about what other people thinks and even less regarding their fanatic behavior . The constant complains and wars spoiled other forums, here is not a place for that so let stay positive, of course it sucks sometimes as words can be sharper than knives sometimes. But let show everyone what it is all about.
So far my customers enjoying what they seeing and since new figures works in both programs even better.
It is not possible to make happy 4 millions of people , but there is enough room for everyone in this world.
and as Lisa always said, " it is all about the Art "
Remember any publicity is a good publicity , no matter good or bad , there is no light without darkness, there is no love without hate !
I would be worry if there would be complete silence !

and one more thing , The best is yet to come ! :applause: ;)
100 % agree. Never could understand the flaming wars. Software is just a tool. Nothing more, nothing less. It is the artist who create .
My father could carve out of wood the most incredible stuff. With just a simple carve tool. And I could have the most sophisticated carving set, worth of 1000's of € and still carve out just crap. Because here I lack talent.
Lets focus on exciting stuff.
Let them talk, they do it anyways.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Lidia on FIRE ! lol but don't worry its only wind blow
just Zbrush OpenGL and tomorrow continuation

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-11 000525.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-11 000525.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot 2021-04-11 005304.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-11 005304.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot 2021-04-11 005030.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-11 005030.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot 2021-04-11 005212.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-11 005212.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 90

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Actually it was Poser's Alyson that was referred to as having a face that looked like a bag of smashed crabs. She was the new Poser lead figure at the time. The original poster was making a personal observation about the new flagship figure from SM and there was no mention of V4 or Genesis which was the competing system at the time. I know this sounds trite but in relation to the current discussion should be pointed out. The entire thread to which you refer had nothing to do with DAZ/Poser. I can link you to the conversation if necessary as I was a part of it.

xyer0

Brilliant
I really like Lidia's hair style. That's one I don't have.
Just in case you need any more ideas for outfits...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 4.54.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 4.54.22 AM.png
    481.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 4.56.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 4.56.16 AM.png
    217 KB · Views: 110
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 5.01.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 5.01.58 AM.png
    419.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 5.02.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 5.02.44 AM.png
    407.5 KB · Views: 77

AllenArt

Eager
Actually it was Poser's Alyson that was referred to as having a face that looked like a bag of smashed crabs. She was the new Poser lead figure at the time. The original poster was making a personal observation about the new flagship figure from SM and there was no mention of V4 or Genesis which was the competing system at the time. I know this sounds trite but in relation to the current discussion should be pointed out. The entire thread to which you refer had nothing to do with DAZ/Poser. I can link you to the conversation if necessary as I was a part of it.
It was a forum thread on another site with member SamTherapy and it was probably as long as 15 years ago. To my recollection it was Victoria 4. Who it was though, was neither here nor there, as the whole point of MY post was that the base figures are plain on purpose so that you can make them into whoever/whatever you want, not WHO was the base figure. God forbid I misremembered or that SamT used the same phrase twice for two different figures.

And yes, it was trite. And if your intention was to embarrass me, you succeeded. Congratulations. I can go back to lurking. :confused:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
When V4 was released there where a lot of people unhappy with her face as well, since they got to used to previous version. I remember well!
But thanks for the clarification on the " bag of smashed crabs face of Alyson" I never used Alyson , who made it ?