• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Absolutely stunning work Cath!

Hi Ken, I was surprised to find when discussing dynamic hair with Wendy on Facebook that a lot of the dynamic hair sold in DS stores is actually card based and not fibre based so they are actually using the standard dynamic modifier that is used on clothing. I must admit I had thought some I owned were fibre but when I investigated they turned out to be card based.

I have used card-based hair in cloth sims for years, but the problem (in Poser) is the collision quality with the head and body. I always end up with hair inside the head and/or body. Cloth sim in Poser is like 20 years old now, so maybe that's why. In DS they got something that is more up-to-date with nowadays standards, so I bet it works properly there.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Happy Birthday, AnimaGemini! Have fun with what's left of it.
Are you ever going to make any more sets for us?
Yes, I am back to my creations . Have a view Environments I would like to finish and some outfits for Dusk and Dawn2 .

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Absolutely stunning work Cath!

Hi Ken, I was surprised to find when discussing dynamic hair with Wendy on Facebook that a lot of the dynamic hair sold in DS stores is actually card based and not fibre based so they are actually using the standard dynamic modifier that is used on clothing. I must admit I had thought some I owned were fibre but when I investigated they turned out to be card based.

Happy Birthday animaGemini!
Thank you :balloon03:

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Back to the topic with some more work in progress on outfit +hair , I don't know yet who going to wear it , just grabbed first character I had under and it was Liu , I need to work on this a little more and finish short jacket and finish the hair , but for tonight it is .

Rig is temporary
Light is indoor and the other outdoor

Screenshot 2021-04-08 020844.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-08 015656.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 015656.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot 2021-04-08 015953.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 015953.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot 2021-04-08 020513.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 020513.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot 2021-04-08 021556.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 021556.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot 2021-04-08 021324.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 021324.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2021-04-08 024415.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 024415.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot 2021-04-08 030224.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 030224.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot 2021-04-08 033054.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 033054.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

xyer0

Brilliant
I LOVE IT! Look at those boots! Thanks for the insteps. I'm so tired of getting shoes for two left feet.
Those pants are modern, futuristic, or steampunk. Man! And Liu looks great!

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Thank you , here is Liu ( pronouns = Lee-o) from close up & natural , I need to rework the Zbrush skin details over again , especially the lips surface .
Light is all from my HDRI light maps , hair card based as you saw before needs editing as well for the top and ends , but at last some progress .
Going to make some buzz on social medias and converting disbelievers :cautious::somad: , feel free to post some of the renders below ( not postworked) if you like in your circles , some people thinking with the closing of the store here , Dawn2 projects died within ..what is of course not true.

Screenshot 2021-04-08 061352.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-08 055523.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 055523.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2021-04-08 055816.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 055816.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot 2021-04-08 054407.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 054407.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I LOVE IT! Look at those boots! Thanks for the insteps. I'm so tired of getting shoes for two left feet.
Those pants are modern, futuristic, or steampunk. Man! And Liu looks great!
Thank you , and you are welcome ! the pants kinda futuristic/steampunk, together with the matching jacket gonna be cool, I still need to texture them and the t-shirt , used just temporary shaders for now, the Pants have material zone on the panels so the colors can be changed

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Cath, I know your busy but if you put together some one shot promos with Miss Liu I'll post that to my Fb wall to make sure folks know that Dawn 2.0 is on the horizon! That top main one looks stupendous. Was that rendered in DS or Poser?

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Thank you , here is Liu ( pronouns = Lee-o) from close up & natural , I need to rework the Zbrush skin details over again , especially the lips surface .
Light is all from my HDRI light maps , hair card based as you saw before needs editing as well for the top and ends , but at last some progress .
Going to make some buzz on social medias and converting disbelievers :cautious::somad: , feel free to post some of the renders below ( not postworked) if you like in your circles , some people thinking with the closing of the store here , Dawn2 projects died within ..what is of course not true.

View attachment 68328
OMG.....Pure epic this woman . This character is so amazing.

I am not on Social media anymore. But will find another way to promote her.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Cath, I know your busy but if you put together some one shot promos with Miss Liu I'll post that to my Fb wall to make sure folks know that Dawn 2.0 is on the horizon! That top main one looks stupendous. Was that rendered in DS or Poser?
Thank you Richard, you can use the top one as well if you like , the render was in DS with just 1 HDRI of mine , the problem with standard DS light is it is really not 100% perfect or native for Iray , it create sort of powdering effect on the surfaces ( beside point light) that why I love using my own HDRI special created for rendering in PBR , no matter what software.
Poser have beautiful studio lights and once everything is rigged and done, going to make some Promos in Poser as well , I am using all PBR settings so there should be no difference in Poser regarding surface or light , who knows maybe looks even better.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
OMG.....Pure epic this woman . This character is so amazing.

I am not on Social media anymore. But will find another way to promote her.
Thank you , it is not much about promotion of this specific character , but to show people that D2s can be a killer .. as it have everything to be in the top row . lol
I am going to make huge promotion once things are ready for release , I have over 5K of people to share the news with in both Poser and DS community.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Little details I am working on the base skin and the action in distance .. all details hand painted/sculpt before on 50 millions poly model then converted to maps. I use here 4x4 K , still need to make new one for the rest of the body as the one currently have too big details in scale

Do you notice when the shadow under the nose appears like black but when it is zoomed in it actually is dark reddish , there are no black shadows on human skin , only dark red and our eyes illusion .

Now all we missing is fine peach fur ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-08 180118.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 180118.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot 2021-04-08 174031.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 174031.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot 2021-04-08 173541.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 173541.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot 2021-04-08 173714.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 173714.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot 2021-04-08 193041.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 193041.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
The magic of baked normals! :D
Indeed Ken, but I will say the magic of 3D Depth maps , Normals not working well on skin in iray but great for little bigger details like for clothing, fabric etc.. Only Depth maps can give you fine details like that, since it help with the proper transition between light and shadow, and of course AO maps that work in relationship with light so nothing static here and everything changing depends of light . My skin is in a lot of layers with different functions each , PBR universal skin for all , I use it for all my characters from white to black .

xyer0

Brilliant
I am lobbying other artists to get onboard the DD2 train. But they don't know whom to contact for specific information. Can you give me a link to whomever you deal with?

Amazing details, BTW!

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I am lobbying other artists to get onboard the DD2 train. But they don't know whom to contact for specific information. Can you give me a link to whomever you deal with?

Amazing details, BTW!
They need to contact personally Chris at ( chris @ hivewire3d.com ) without spaces of course , with request to work on D2F and D2M and some references of their work would be welcome as HW is looking for a good quality products to work with D|S or Poser for the pre-release under NDA production, Chris will handle the rest of the details with them.