• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
Just playing with hair styles and materials.

Ealga HH HW.jpg

Gisela

Eager

Dawn SE with Sora texture character. Cheongsam Dress character and outfit by Ken1171 designs. Textures for the dress are Asian Dreams by Sunfire all at Hivewire 50% off until the 4th. Hair is Kirite by Fabiana. Lets pray all for a better new year. Thanks for viewing.

Gisela

Eager

Dawn, Dusk, and the HiveWire Big Dog. In my last renders I didn't include credits as I mainly was using HV products. Excuse me for that.

Dawn with 3Dream's morph, Koz short Bob hair and the Hoddie by Ken1171 designs. Dusk is wearing the Bomber Jacket with denim texture by Laurie (Cwrw). Texture is Bainir for M4. Flink's trees 4 season, Winter Bushes, sky 2 and ultimate ground. Snow prop is Let it snow by coflek-gnorg. Songbird ReMix By Ken Guilliland at HW now at Renderosity.

Thanks for viewing.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Star Wars was kinda dead to me until I've watched The Mandalorian. Gosh was that good? They did everything I wanted to see in the Star Wars movies, but on a TV series. This is DawnSE with my custom body morph, Charlotte face by Karanta, outfit by me. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

ThisIsTheWay_1200.jpg

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
Another where you might want to shift the background slightly to have a bit more contrast with the hair.

Totally right and thank you for picking that up, I will modify as you suggest. This was one render that sort of grew as I had no idea of what I was trying to create when I started out, all I had was a nude figure and a background. The scene then grew over a number of low quality renders as I added and removed so many props. The wall behind her is just that, one wall from massive space craft and was the last item it go in. Looking back over at the render history I have shots where there is better contrast with the hair but l then changed the camera view point and did not pick up that full implications of doing so.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Its a really nice hair, that new hair you are using. But it tends to get lost in a number of the "alien" backgrounds that come up in the story. (What is it about red/orange foliage in alien scenery? Admittedly the red/orange blobs in space are something else, but they also tend to swallow the new hair.)

Hornet3d

Wise
Its a really nice hair, that new hair you are using. But it tends to get lost in a number of the "alien" backgrounds that come up in the story. (What is it about red/orange foliage in alien scenery? Admittedly the red/orange blobs in space are something else, but they also tend to swallow the new hair.)

I like the hair and it was my choice to have the hair that colour for much the same reason as other aspects of the character, it is very different from the norm. When I created the figure (if you can call dial spinning creating) I had in mind a heroine that was very different to the norm for sci-fi and also Poser. In sci-fi writing a large proportion of the time the main figure is male and in the Poser world a great deal of the time the female figures are statuesque model types. To be a little different therefore my main character was female, small (a relative five foot in the Poser world) and a lot older than many of the Poser pin ups that seem the norm. The decision to go down this road is not without cost, for a start commercial poses rarely work out of the box, particularly if they interact directly with other content such as a motor mike of space craft. In the case of the motor bike my character normally starts buried in the bike itself while, as a pilot of a space craft she buried in the seat with her hands nowhere near the controls. So as a result my choices gives me extra work a fact that is also true with my choice of colour for the hair, none of this is a complaint just a statement of fact.

I value your comments and here you raise a particular point in that there is no reason in this instance why the space background should be a violent red it was just my first choice when I, quite literally, started playing. I have many other backgrounds that would/will suit this particular render much better.

You are also right that many alien backgrounds would have difficulty when it came to contrasting with the hair but then it is down to me to change the colour or find another background.

In this case I just totally missed the lack of contrast being a problem until you mentioned it, which is why I am glad you took the trouble to do so. Not sure why or how I missed something so obvious but I suspect it is a bit like word checking a document, after a while I get so familiar with a document I begin to see what I think is there not what is actually there, clearly the same is true for me with a render.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I think you just like red. (So do I.)

Version 2 had ample contrast with the whole figure. Version 3 does a good job of focusing attention on the face and head.