• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Shetland Pony!!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sweet renders guys! (I love the Thelwell one, great job!)

I've posted quite a few on the Harry thread (was slack and didn't see this one! :p)

The first one is the one I think everyone was thinking of when they heard about the Shetland (Black Beauty). 2nd one was just to see the 2 default textures plus a couple of other coats. 3rd is the little Welsh Mountain Pony I dialed up (Shetland and Arabian morphs, with the Shet and Arab behind for comparison) and last I needed to do a little Welshie with a Child :D (and testing a roan texture I made from a couple CWRW's awesome textures).
We three who.jpg Trotting Shetlands.jpg Welsh Shet and Arab.jpg Roan Welsh and Skylar.jpg
I just noticed that most are a little backlit, strange for me because I like the sun pretty much front on, I must be growing :D

Oh and I just fully loaded the Shetland then applied the Arab.
Click to view larger :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Uh oh. Looks like the Foal and the Shetland aren't compatible. I wonder if it's because they're both smaller than base Harry, but one is thin (the Foal) and one is stocky (the Shetland).

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Uh oh. Looks like the Foal and the Shetland aren't compatible. I wonder if it's because they're both smaller than base Harry, but one is thin (the Foal) and one is stocky (the Shetland).
I was wondering if he had some custom, rather than dialed morphs and that's causing the problem, which means he would prob need his own foal morph. I think this much distortion is way beyond my limited abilities to correct :p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmm, good question. Can't tell for sure, but it looks like you inject the morphs, and then you dial them. Whether any of those injected morphs are custom, not sure. Haven't played with the Shetland, or the Foal for that matter, to be sure.

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know enough about that side of things :) (that should read I know nothing! :p)

There is a JCM for the neck that may be causing some of the problems. Seems you can dial 1.o foal and then only about 0.35 shetland before it goes pear shaped in a hurry. But there are not only problems with the neck if you try to take the Shetland morph all the way to 1.0 with foal at 1.0 too the legs look kind of wonky as does the head.

Shetland foals don't really have the really long legs of a full sized horse so maybe it is better to dial like .5 shetland and .5 foal then shrink it using the body scale morph. The one thing it won't do is make the neck really short. I looked up a bunch of shetland foal pictures and it seems the neck length is really short in porportion to a normal sized horse foal.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If you are mixing morphs between the breeds and the foal you should make it so that your total between the two shapes equals 1, otherwise, weird things happen.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I find you can mix and match some morphs at stronger strengths so the result totals more than 100%, but other morphs aren't quite as forgiving.

But then ... I tend to do some really weird things when I'm playing with figures. Including using body part scaling to get results that aren't exactly anatomically accurate (at least, for earth creatures).

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My "Welsh Mountain Pony" is mix of 100% Shetland and 100% Welsh and he doesn't have any weirdness happening, same with any of the morphs I've tried with the foal except this one. There's going to be an update eventually but the Hivemasters have alot going on before hand :)

And Shetland foals do have long legs they just don't look that long because Adult Shetland don't have long legs :p
(If you look at a foals legs compared to its parents they are almost the same length. They're prob between 80-95% the length of an Adults depending on the breed)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
In general Ponies are under 14.2 hands, horses over this, but there are some exceptions depending on Breeds.
For example: Welsh Cobs (section D of the Welsh Pony registry), they must be taller than 13.2 hands but have not upper limit so can be larger than the 14.2 hands and still be a pony. Some Arabs and Morgans can be under 14.2 hands but are still considered a horse (My friend had a Thoroughbred that was only 14.2, smallest TB I'd ever seen, and yes she was a purebred and raced).
Connemaras are also a pony that ranges between 12.5 to 15 hands, so suitable for Adults. Ponies are pretty tough so really any of the larger ponies (Dales, Fells, etc) are suitable for adults, depending on the adults size/weight.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
My brother-in-law had a small Quarterhorse stallion called Calaban. He was so short the commentators at the racing used to call him the tiny stud from Kaikohe. He would stand at the start looking like he was asleep, maybe he was asleep! But when they dropped the rope he was off like a rocket! He won the Northland Triple Crown a couple of times and us some nice pocket money. Loved that horse.