• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Depends what you like to read.
As a pre-teen it was one of the best things I'd read (I remember the type being larger than most for a youngster to better read).
I don't know if its the kind of book that an Adult would enjoy (Black Beauty is pretty much and Adult book really). I think someone who read it as a kid would enjoy it as it would bring back memories, but it might be too young for and Adult reading it for the first time (well, like I said, depends on what you like to read :D)
The link in my previous post goes to the author and the 3 book are at the top. I think it might be fun to recreate the covers :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I hope it is ok to ask here but the last time I played with Harry I forgot to look if there is a donkey and/or mule morph for it somewhere.
I have an idea for a render and need a donkey. Since I have nt played with harry for a while would like to use him if he has the works.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hi Carmen, there isn't one yet. In the development pages for Harry, there looks like Chris might have been working on one (can't remember if for Donkey or Mule) but I know they've been working on the Shetland as the next morph and he only came out yesterday. :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Gorgeous renders, everyone, the little Shet is going to be a fave of all, I think.

All I know is my brain went "yes merrylegs!' but for the life of me can't remember what book it is from. I didn't read Black Beauty...but I think it may be Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit? Or maybe I've totally flipped to the other side of sanity

The hobbit 'Merry' is in LOTR. So not so flipped, Pen ;)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Yay! Have snapped up the Shetland from the store :) . I never rode a Shetland when I was tiny; I did ride one when I was somewhat older, though (I was a lightweight teen), and at a trot it felt like the way I imagine it must feel to be sitting on a pneumatic drill. So... I have to ask... is there a set of English tack in the works so my Thelwell-esque pony can have a rider?

Thelwell.png

Lorraine

Oh yes! Thelwell renders! There is already an English tack for the HW horse but I'm not sure if it fits to the Shetland. Alisa or Chris will be able to answer that. But I DO look forward to your renders ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Depends what you like to read.
As a pre-teen it was one of the best things I'd read (I remember the type being larger than most for a youngster to better read).
I don't know if its the kind of book that an Adult would enjoy (Black Beauty is pretty much and Adult book really). I think someone who read it as a kid would enjoy it as it would bring back memories, but it might be too young for and Adult reading it for the first time (well, like I said, depends on what you like to read :D)
The link in my previous post goes to the author and the 3 book are at the top. I think it might be fun to recreate the covers :)
I have a 5 year-old niece =) who loves ponies!! =)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I hope it is ok to ask here but the last time I played with Harry I forgot to look if there is a donkey and/or mule morph for it somewhere.
I have an idea for a render and need a donkey. Since I have nt played with harry for a while would like to use him if he has the works.
Welcome Carmen!! Glad you stopped by this thread and the development page!!
The donkey and zebra are done for sure I have seen the models and are fabulous!! ! just waiting on mats and rigging! I think Eli the elephant is next on the list of things to rig I think and probably the big cat after that. It is for sure coming soon!!!

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yay! Have snapped up the Shetland from the store :) . I never rode a Shetland when I was tiny; I did ride one when I was somewhat older, though (I was a lightweight teen), and at a trot it felt like the way I imagine it must feel to be sitting on a pneumatic drill. So... I have to ask... is there a set of English tack in the works so my Thelwell-esque pony can have a rider?

You can probably get the English tack to fit with a few minor adjustments. Pendraia used it on her image. https://community.hivewire3d.com/attachments/divas-new-pony-jpg.4552/ I had to do a few adjustments to get it to fit the Thoroughbred morph over on the development page, but nothing really major just a few tweaks to the bit and bridle and girth.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
The hobbit 'Merry' is in LOTR. So not so flipped, Pen ;)
Good to know Lorraine...

Oh yes! Thelwell renders! There is already an English tack for the HW horse but I'm not sure if it fits to the Shetland. Alisa or Chris will be able to answer that. But I DO look forward to your renders ;)
Yes it works...that was what I used in my render in the Shetland pony thread.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hey Pen, Merry Legs was from Black Beauty :) Shadowfax was from LOTRs (Gandalfs horse)
I've never read Black Beauty...although I have read the Silver Brumby stuff years ago. It still sounds really familiar and I don't think I'm confusing it with Merry from LOTR's but I just can't remember the book. It's starting to drive me nuts...

@Pendraia Adorable love the scenery and great use of the Classic Tack !! Sorry liked it earlier just getting back to here!!
Thanks NA...

Lorraine

Perhaps you saw the film, Pen? Goodness knows there are enough of them to choose from! The 1994 version starring Sean Bean seems closest to the original book and has Merrylegs in it. Not sure about the later ones.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm so distracted with the new little guy...He is just so SO BEYOND CUTE!... I have been dialing in a Welsh Pony (the old fashioned look) plus adding "Mommy Monica" to help make sure Luna does not fall off the Shetland... I hate that mundane things take me away from Poser too much.... LOL!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The "Classic Tack" is not what I'd call "English Tack" to me English is a snaffle type bit (or on a Double Bridle, a bridoon and curb as seen on the headshot image, this one has a "Flash" nose band which is the strap that goes under the bits and connects to front of the noseband) not one that just has a curb bit like the Classic or Western Tack.
I would love an proper English one made just for Harry, I'd also like to see it with options like no noseband, a normal Cavesson nose band and a grackle (looks like a figure 8 across the nose, it sort of works like a combination Cavesson and drop-nose bands as seen on the full horse image). I'd also love a Jumping set up similar to this with saddle, and breastplate and martingale, as well as a Dressage saddle.
Double Bridle alternate noseband.jpg JumpingSaddle.jpg
I've had some success with the Mil horse English tack (very fiddly tho). And there is a Headstall that fits Mil, Poser and Harry (it fits the Shetland but you have to shrink it and move it around a little)