• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I find it cool how the social roles of male and female lions are so clearly defined in a community. We live in times where even the most basic male and female roles have been challenged, but try applying that to lions to see what happens. They know who they are, and they are happy. I still want to pet them, though, but I better stick to dogs. No matter how big German Sheppards can get, they still know I am the boss, and they are famous for their undying loyalty. I can pet them to death, and they will take it - though some will bite me if I stop! :D

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL Ken! Yeah I still want to pet them too:)
llplion.jpg

Course once upon a time I wanted to BE a lion:)

LaurieLion.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yeah I really would not mind being one of my cats right about now:) Spoiled little buggers and I love them all!:) ( One house cat- Buddy- I used him for my Orange Tabby texture set- and 2 adorable barn kitties)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Did you know 80% of broadband in Japan is spent on cat videos? The Egyptians were sculpting cat statues and painting them on their walls 5,000 years ago, probably because they didn't have YouTube and Cat Island.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The Egyptians were sculpting cat statues and painting them on their walls 5,000 years ago, probably because they didn't have YouTube and Cat Island.
It's been a long time since I delved into anything ancient Egyptian, but isn't one of their gods memorialized by a cat statute? I could be remembering wrong, but I have this picture in my mind of a very tall black cat on either side of an entrance to some sort of building.

Edited to Add: OK, I did some research, and the cat goddess was Bast, but I confused her with Anubis who was often depicted as a jackal, or a man with a jackal's head. I think the image I was thinking of on either side of an entrance was that of Anubis, and not Bast the female cat goddess.

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's been a long time since I delved into anything ancient Egyptian, but isn't one of their gods memorialized by a cat statute? I could be remembering wrong, but I have this picture in my mind of a very tall black cat on either side of an entrance to some sort of building.
Bastet, also called Bast, is an ancient Egyptian goddess worshiped in the form of a lioness and later a cat.
Bastet.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, that second image is similar to the one I saw when I was searching earlier.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
It has long amused me to visualise the ancient Egyptian temples of Bast as having no doors, because closed doors are offensive to cats.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't think they're the same goddess. According to Wikipedia, in Egyptian mythology Sekhmet was the daughter of Ra, the sun god.

I also think a lot of the gods and goddesses names were different depending on which millennium they were worshiped. Bastet/Bast may have been in a later time period than Sekhmet.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Sister of Apollo (God of Sun), Diana of Delos (600 BC) was the Roman goddess of hunt and chastity (likely imported from even older Greek mythology). It is said that it was Diana who first taught magic on Earth, whose followers later became known as "witches" (wise female healers). As a side note, Diana is still worshiped nowadays by the Romana Neopaganism and Stregheria religions. She was such a popular deity that later she also supplanted Luna as the Moon goddess as well.

The point here is that the cat was Diana's favorite animal, and it was said she could turn into one whenever she wanted by using magic. Therefore, even the most popular Goddess wanted to be a cat. If fat and lazy, that's just me.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, don't recall which one.

Admittedly they were probably some sort of wild cats, not your standard tabby.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sister of Apollo (God of Sun), Diana of Delos (600 BC) was the Roman goddess of hunt and chastity (likely imported from even older Greek mythology). It is said that it was Diana who first taught magic on Earth, whose followers later became known as "witches" (wise female healers). As a side note, Diana is still worshiped nowadays by the Romana Neopaganism and Stregheria religions. She was such a popular deity that later she also supplanted Luna as the Moon goddess as well.

The point here is that the cat was Diana's favorite animal, and it was said she could turn into one whenever she wanted by using magic. Therefore, even the most popular Goddess wanted to be a cat. If fat and lazy, that's just me.
.......also cats are contemporary witches' familiars......now I know why!