• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
Glad to hear they are being that careful with you guys. I know it's hard on many to be cooped up like that but for you and your neighbors it's the safest thing for the time being.

skylab

Esteemed
I took video of fireworks over the city out my window last night, and here are a few still shots from it :)

fireworks1.jpg
fireworks2.jpg

fireworks3.jpg
fireworks6.jpg

fireworks7.jpg
fireworks15.jpg

fireworks17.jpg
fireworks18.jpg

fireworks19.jpg
fireworks20.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh pretty! I only heard my neighbors lighting off fireworks - well they started at noon. Think most of Washington is shut down right now.

skylab

Esteemed
We have the advantage of being close enough to view the display that was done by the city....so I had front row seats out my window :) I worked on a short segment of the video today, converting it to a brief looping animated .gif small enough to post here. Enjoy...and may the 4th be with you :)

FIREWORKS_04_gif.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Here's a brief video of Jo swimming in his tank...had to reduce the number of frames, and change the frame rate to compensate in order to post the .gif here, but it's still way faster than he normally swims...but you'll get the idea....he's hauling a very big tail behind him :)

JO--SWIM,gif.gif

Terre

Renowned
Great! We used to be close enough here as well. Then they moved the location of the display.
We have the advantage of being close enough to view the display that was done by the city....so I had front row seats out my window :) I worked on a short segment of the video today, converting it to a brief looping animated .gif small enough to post here. Enjoy...and may the 4th be with you :)

View attachment 62062

Linda B

Extraordinary
Hello! I'm back. My father passed away early Monday morning. We had a funeral service for him this morning. The man deserved so much more than a social-distancing viewing and funeral, but what can you do? We're going to have a life celebration later on when things are more normal (if ever).

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda...good to see you...and good to see you're hanging in there. Indeed, the mask and distancing makes things seem so weird now, and has changed everything. I saw my hall neighbors for the first time in many weeks yesterday...we all happened to open our doors at the same time, without masks, and it was good to see their faces again. In lockdown we're not allowed to gather in groups, so we just occasionally see each other in the halls. Hope you and your family are doing okay . . .

:angel:

skylab

Esteemed
Yes, Linda's had a tough week. I heard from her early in the week but thought it best that I let her tell you all about her dad. She knew it would probably be soon, and at least her dad is not struggling with his health now. We love you Linda...and we'll be here if you need to chat.

:angel:

Terre

Renowned
Hello! I'm back. My father passed away early Monday morning. We had a funeral service for him this morning. The man deserved so much more than a social-distancing viewing and funeral, but what can you do? We're going to have a life celebration later on when things are more normal (if ever).
{{hugs}} A life celebration sounds great. My condolences on your loss.