• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Nice Los Angeles spring day. Outside it's probably in the low 80s, indoors in the mid 70s. We've had our first two heat waves for the season, but they've both tapered off to what passes for normal.

I'm just as glad not to have been having my plumbing adventure during a heat wave.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The temp today here in NYC is currently 85, which for us is very high for mid-May. Tomorrow it's supposed to go down to around 75, and then back down to the mid-60s, which is the weather we usually have now. It's been nice when the temps are in the 60s, especially when the sun's been out every day. Unfortunately, they've been predicting rain most days next week, and will make the mid-60s feel cold, which doesn't bother me so much, as I'd prefer that to the high 80s to mid-90s we usually get during the summer.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
We had yesterday absolute beautiful weather. A bit windy, but full sun. So I decided to go for a shopping to Orléans . Need some new stuff, because during this last 3 months stress (moving, lockdown) i loose 5 kg. So no one jeans fit anymore . Was really nice. Enjoy shopping without stress and hurry up .
Home back, I take the dogs and go with them at the Loire to relax. We had 22-24 ° C , wind a bit, really very nice after the week of rain and storm.

McGyver

Energetic
It’s 81°F / 27°C... warm and a bit humid... A big Jurassic Park thunderstorm is brewing outside... I hope the velociraptors don’t get loose again... bitey little boogers they are.
Fifteen minutes ago it was sunny and my daughter and I had just laid out all the stuff to put together two bookshelves out on the patio...
Anyone need rain?... I can visit your area and lay out all my tools or stuff that’s shouldn’t ever get wet... it’ll pour in like five minutes... I‘m pretty sure that would work in the Sahara.
Well, I should probably go... I have to run around outside barking at the sky... before he died, I promised my dog that I’d do that for him... that and howling at firetrucks.
It‘s really the fire hydrant promise that gets me into so much trouble though.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I wish the rain would quit. Last day the chaise lounge was dry enough to sit on was in April. Seriously.
Two different Fedex trucks had to be towed out of our driveway. (I have photos.) The second one had to wait longer for rescue, because the first tow truck also got stuck and had to be rescued by the second tow truck.
It's July. It's supposed to be warm, dry and the one month when I can wash (and dry) the big heavy stuff. Wash, yeah, anywhere outside. Dry, no.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It wasn't much better here in the City McGyver, but tomorrow is supposed to be really nice. Cooler with a lot less humidity. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

eclark1894

Visionary
It’s 81°F / 27°C... warm and a bit humid... A big Jurassic Park thunderstorm is brewing outside... I hope the velociraptors don’t get loose again... bitey little boogers they are.
Fifteen minutes ago it was sunny and my daughter and I had just laid out all the stuff to put together two bookshelves out on the patio...
Anyone need rain?... I can visit your area and lay out all my tools or stuff that’s shouldn’t ever get wet... it’ll pour in like five minutes... I‘m pretty sure that would work in the Sahara.
Well, I should probably go... I have to run around outside barking at the sky... before he died, I promised my dog that I’d do that for him... that and howling at firetrucks.
It‘s really the fire hydrant promise that gets me into so much trouble though.
I promised my dog I'd chase after the postman. The US government will put up with it for a little while with dogs, but turns out they think a human's either crazy or up to something no good, so they made me quit.

McGyver

Energetic
I promised my dog I'd chase after the postman. The US government will put up with it for a little while with dogs, but turns out they think a human's either crazy or up to something no good, so they made me quit.
Our new postlady...(?)...postperson...?...mail carrier?… postal agent... well, whatever you call the person who delivers mail here... She thinks I’m a bit insane for a similar reasons... (barking)...
We have two driveways with a center “c” shape... the postalpeople will pull into the center section so they don’t have to walk all the way to the mail box and many times I can hear the truck as it approaches, so I’ll walk over from my shop to pick up the mail and any packages they may have to save them the walk.
The lady who used to deliver the mail would usually take a minute or two to sort through the mail and because she was looking down into the mail bin, I startled her one day... So l apologized and said next time I‘d bark or wear a cowbell... It was a running joke that if she was rummaging through the bin and not looking, I’d go “Wooo-wooo-wooof-woof-woof!” as I approached... which she always thought was funny... (she even barked back once).
So last summer she pulls into the driveway and is rummaging through the bin and I bark and she looks up in absolute confusion and horror, because she is not her, but a different postalperson of about the same general construction and dimensions as the previous her... Which really sucks because it’s hard to explain why you barked at the previous letter courier and that they thought it was funny and it was somewhat of a running joke.
in retrospect, the fact that I was wearing jeans full of dark red stains (I was staining some wood red-mahogany) probably made me seem at least 14% crazier and at least 7% more murdererish.
It definitely didn’t help that a few weeks later I was spraying a wasp nest near my basement window with poison when she drove up, and I thinking she saw me standing there, approached still wearing my half-mask respirator... apparently she had looked right through me and she started sorting through the mail... so she looked up as I was trying unsnap the mask and she just gasped and looked like she may have peed a little...
I think that freaked her out more than the barking.
So now I try to avoid her... though lately there seems to be a different deliverer of enveloped correspondence.
Hopefully I don’t freak this lady out too...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, we had a 10 minute downpour while I was out today, but luckily it happened as I was walking past one of the restaurants that has outdoor seating, so I just ducked under the canopy and waited it out.

Terre

Renowned
We got a little light rain this morning. The thunderstorm the though would be this evening hasn't happened.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
getting to the middle of winter here and it's starting to feel like it

temps this morning was 2C ( 34F ) .... friggin cold... had to put the fingerless gloves on! :inverted: :sun:

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
getting to the middle of winter here and it's starting to feel like it

temps this morning was 2C ( 34F ) .... friggin cold... had to put the fingerless gloves on! :inverted: :sun:
Hey Stezza can do you one better, Thursday last week had to scrap ice off the car to take the lad to school so probably some thing like -2c lol