• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stezza

Dances with Bees
when the black cockatoos fly over and are squawking then rain is supposed be coming....

had several over the past few months but the rain has been very minimal.... :(

Jan

Adventurous
Stezza "fake news" ;) , they are just flying between their favourite meal trees and they love the Radiator Pine nuts. I see them often too.
Our main town of Nowra has the Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo as its symbol. They have a huge slow wing beat, very graceful and they squark to each other all the time, very loudly. You know when they are coming. If that beaks the drought, they better fly all over our land :p

Ken did not do the species we see on the East Coast, Australia - the Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo. He did the Red-tailed Black Cockatoo found on the Western Coast, found in his Australian Pack.

BlackCockatoo-Yellow-tailed1.jpg

BlackCockatoo-Yellow-tailed Tail1a.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
just had the King Parrots, Rosellas & Lorikeets feeding in the yard this morning...

and some Black Cockies were squawking in the distance... rain is coming :inverted: :flower02:

Reactions: Jan

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
@ Stezza - I love the toonish style of your picture. Really beautiful.

Just a question, maybe a very stupid one .. the despiction of the SBRM Australia 3 says: "Songbird ReMix Australia Volume 3 bundles all previously released Australian Songbird Remix format songbirds, parrots and pigeons together for the first time in one package. "

Does this ALL also mean the birds from the packages Australia 1 + 2? I know, it sounds stupid, but Australia 1 + 2 are previously released before Australia 3.

If the answer is no, I hope that they will also become Songbird of the Month someday soon.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's a good question Klaus, as I was wondering about that as well.

Jan

Adventurous
Saw several Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos flying across the front yesterday and as Stezza said that is thought to be a harbinger of rain.

Well we got some good falls of rain, started yesterday afternoon and today so this is good news for the firegrounds all along the East Coast of Australia. Now to get more Black Cockatoos flying :flower01: ;). Need Ken to do a texture for this species as he did not before:please:

Jan

Adventurous
@Klaus Sauer If you look in the What's New section, the thread for Songbird Remix, Ken himself has recently replied to another question similar to your one above. That should answer this question for you (if you have not already seen it.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Just a question, maybe a very stupid one .. the description of the SBRM Australia 3 says: "Songbird ReMix Australia Volume 3 bundles all previously released Australian Songbird Remix format songbirds, parrots and pigeons together for the first time in one package. "

Does this ALL also mean the birds from the packages Australia 1 + 2? I know, it sounds stupid, but Australia 1 + 2 are previously released before Australia 3.

It does not include anything from Australia Volume 1 or 2. It was created for those who simply wanted all the Australian birds I had created in other sets sets (such as SBRM2, Gamebirds, Parrots, Shorebirds, Pet Shop, etc) to date (2010) in one package. It also includes a few new birds like the Banded Stilt, Little Corella, Sulfur-crested Cockatoo and Double-eyed fig Parrot that are unique to volume 3. It doesn't include any stray Australian species in sets that were created after 2010 either (there's been a few).

Australia v3 is the largest set in the Songbird ReMix universe containing 49 birds. The only other set that comes close is Hawai'i (with 41 birds). Both Australia v3 and Hawai'i have a compilation element to them (contain some birds from other sets), so I loaded both sets up to offer "value".

It uses 10 different models (only 3 of which I'm updated so far). It's update probably won't happen until next year or until those other 7 models get updated.

----

More Australian birds? Yes, there will be more coming although it's not likely to be an Australia v4. As I've been reworking volumes for the "big" update I'm sure most have noticed I usually do a new volume alongside the redone one. This year, on updates, I'm currently working on the Original Game birds volume. There will probably be an off-shoot from that specifically doing new "Pigeons and Doves". I then plan to tackle SBRM Parrots , Seabirds v1/v2 and the base SBRM set (among others). I will divulge I plan 2-3 additional parrot sets with the Parrots of the World update. I'm imagining a Parrots v2 as well as a separate Cockatoo and a separate Macaw volume.

The Seabird sets will be challenging because they use three models (hence x3 the work to update). There will be a Volume 3 there as well, though I'm not sure if it will have a particular focus (I'm considering an all Gull or Albatross volume).

I do plan some new birds this year, top on my list is the Prairie Chicken/Sage Grouse set (which I already have a model built) and my promised Emu. I also have a few Nature's Wonders models planned; one of which I'm developing morphs this very minute (sorry but I keep the NW projects secret until release).

Last edited:

Jan

Adventurous
Stezza, when you get this upcoming Emu what campaign you going on next - perhaps the Wombat hey! :balloon03:

Miss B

CV-BEE
A new documentary show is being shown now for the next 1 1/2 hours, and it's going to be on for several week. It's called Seven Worlds, One Planet and tonight they are starting the series with Australia. If you want to see some gorgeous birds, watch the show. Here in the USA It's on the Sundance network.

@Stezza, @Jan, @Rae134, and any other Ozzie's I might have forgotten. Not sure if you guys can see this show Down Under, but this looks like it's going to be great.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
A new documentary show is being shown now for the next 1 1/2 hours, and it's going to be on for several week. It's called Seven Worlds, One Planet and tonight they are starting the series with Australia. If you want to see some gorgeous birds, watch the show. Here in the USA It's on the Sundance network.

@Stezza, @Jan, @Rae134, and any other Ozzie's I might have forgotten. Not sure if you guys can see this show Down Under, but this looks like it's going to be great.

It is also on the BBCA.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
it's not on here in Oz as far as I can see...

A Cockatoo..
the conforming crest @Ken Gilliland seems to be an issue in it doesn't load up ( tried in DS as well ) it seems the cockateil texture needs to be manually loaded. Which is the cockatoo crest texture but not named that.

Miss B

CV-BEE
it's not on here in Oz as far as I can see...
I didn't think it would be. It was very well done, and I really enjoyed it. There was a section where we were watching a large flock of Budgerigars, and I recognized them immediately from Ken's Australia III pack I picked up recently. ;)