• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Now I'm really wishing I had faced learning the hardest part! Keep this up, and I'll be back at modeling again. Have to drag out the Fugazi tutorials again, and try character modeling in Silo for a change.

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
Oh cool, that list of movie characters and pics will help with character creation, and the tough job of matching appropriate hair to each one.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Patty.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I've heard it said that rigging is easier in Studio than in Poser...have you ever tried it? In other words, if you had a decently modeled base figure, would you be able to figure out the rigging part?

skylab

Esteemed
Linda, I found out that the ear size controls on Fehn do work fine in Studio....they just failed to work on the Poser imported scene....so I'm setting up the scene again, this time in Studio, because I liked the way it renders in iray. I can try some different things as well. Just thought I'd let you know, the head morphs do work fine :)

:coding:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Couldn't find the "scales" you used on yours. Used a leather shader and upped the bump. I would prefer a less beasty mouth but there was no morph dial to change it enough to a more fishy mouth.

skylab

Esteemed
What I did was dial the teeth down in the G2M settings...I have no idea if it was part of the aquatic morph, or just a feature of creature creator in general. I like the textured appearance of his skin. I think there could possibly be hundreds of combinations with the morphs set. I think it looks great, if you were going for an "in your face" character :)

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
Still working on this, but at least it's rendering in iray now, and all the morph dials are working. I'll have to remember that being a problem with Poser scene file imports.

FEHN NATIVITY in DS Iray - wip.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
My blankets are calling to me, so guess I'd better get some rest. Linda, you did some fantastic stuff today!
Have a good evening :)

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
It was fairly early...about the aquaman scales and how to hide the teeth, and you've since responded....plus one earlier about some not-to-miss free stuff.

This is Sharkman at the beach....haha....would probably get along with your Troutman just fine....and would make an interesting under water poker game with some other aquatic characters :laugh:

SHARKMAN.jpg