• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Stezza

Dances with Bees
dunno if it will be good enough as an OBJ but maybe as a CAR file.. I don't have a rig thingy for any of the horses ( MH1, MH2 or Harry ) except an old sleigh one for the MH1 ..

tried it out to see what it looks like in Carrara.

Amish Cart and horse.png

skylab

Esteemed
You did a great job of that Stezza...looks really nice...like the real thing!

I mentioned on the previous page that I imagined that the Amish were making use of solar power....and then I ran across this video of solar powered buggies...haha.

skylab

Esteemed
Heard from Dani this morning....and she's not feeling well today...so hope she will be able to rest so that she's feeling better, and back with us soon.

:flower02:

Terre

Renowned
I hope Dani is better soon.
The Mennonites here use pickups. They were major land owners in Mexico before land reform took that away from them and they headed up to the US where that wouldn't happen to them again. A few speak English. Most speak Dutch and Spanish.

Terre

Renowned
Got back in! YAY! Tried last night and the server was down. I figured it must have been manitainance time or something.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) The only thing here that resembles a truck is a buggy inserted into a "tray" in order to create a farm truck. They are very strict here about no use of gasoline or electricity. Their farms have no power lines running to them, but solar power seems to be opening up new possibilities for them. What's amazing is the harvest work that they are able to accomplish with larger horses and equipment designed for use with those teams. Between the feeding, milking, cleaning of barns, and farming, there's not much room for idleness. Projects like barn raising are done by the men of the community pitching in to help while the women prepare the meal. Old order Mennonite live like the Amish...new order Mennonite allow some "modern" things, and sing in English during their church services...the ladies still wear the caps in public...I've been to conferences before where groups of them have been in the audience. This video explains a lot about the early history of the Amish in this country.

truck-buggy.jpg

Barn-Raising.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
Hey, my mom's not a witch! :D (her name's Betty of course)

Poor Andy gets himself in so many situations.

Dog just threw a tantrum because I didn't share my lunch. She picked up her bed, slammed it into the chairs which knocked into the sliding door. Fortunately the glass didn't break. I have a toddler!

Terre

Renowned
@Linda B Hopefully in time you can get her to settle down and not do things like that. I know, that is easier said than done for a dog with her problems but she does have you to try and help her.