• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

dForce Hair and HiveWire Animals

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
Daz Studio 4.11 was released today. The most new thing in this version is dForce Hair, which works (as I have understand it) a little similar to LAMH.

Will this have any repercussions to current and future HiveWire Products, like the Horses, Cats, Dogs etc.? Maybe as seperate presets, that we can buy like the ones with LAMH-content?

I know, that this new option in DAZ Studio is very fresh, but as a DAZ User, I just want to make sure you're thinking about the new technology. As realistic as possible looking animals with fur etc. is important for me.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
It's typically going to be the person who does the textures for us who'd do this sort of thing. Laurie just commented on this here:

CWRW Product Previews

I thought I would share my first attempt at using Strand Based Hair on "HiveWire House Cat" in Daz Studio 4.11 and Iray. Since I am not a DAZ PA I couldn't make it dForce Strand Based Hair, but I don't think it would make much difference on this short hair version. No post work

Attachments

• catStranf01.jpg
    catStranf01.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 803

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Daz Studio 4.11 was released today. The most new thing in this version is dForce Hair, which works (as I have understand it) a little similar to LAMH.

Will this have any repercussions to current and future HiveWire Products, like the Horses, Cats, Dogs etc.? Maybe as seperate presets, that we can buy like the ones with LAMH-content?

I know, that this new option in DAZ Studio is very fresh, but as a DAZ User, I just want to make sure you're thinking about the new technology. As realistic as possible looking animals with fur etc. is important for me.
As far as I understand it, dForce hair is going to only be available to Daz PA's, its only the Strand Based Hair that is available to the rest of us.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I thought I would share my first attempt at using Strand Based Hair on "HiveWire House Cat" in Daz Studio 4.11 and Iray. Since I am not a DAZ PA I couldn't make it dForce Strand Based Hair, but I don't think it would make much difference on this short hair version. No post work

I love the look.
Are there any written instructions on how to do it on something beside G8 models?
I tried UTube but videos mess with my mind...lol.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love the look.
Are there any written instructions on how to do it on something beside G8 models?
I tried UTube but videos mess with my mind...lol.
I think you do the same thing to any model as you would to G8.
Someone did suggest if you are doing hair for humans it might be better to do it on a hair cap.
I'd love to have a play but my computer has been a dud, spent the last 3 days uninstalling/re-installing 4.11 (as I forgot to save 4.10) and it won't load G8F at all grrrrr

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Mine did not load G8F until i looked in content and found her there too.
then O loaded her and re-saved her to the other folder.

I loaded the HWDog but when I loaded the strand base hair sample, it loaded G8M as well.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm assuming the sample is meant for G8M if it loaded with that as there wouldn't be a sample for the HWDog :)

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Load a figure
Create>New Strand Based Hair
The SBH UI will open with your figure in it.
There are tabs along the top
In the set up tab tick the box of the area you want the hair to grow from. For example Fur Body
Go to the paint tab paint where you want the fur using the brush tools (to erase set the brush value to 0).
Distrubute tab sets the amount of hairs.
The other tabs help style etc the hair.
When done click accept.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Load a figure
Create>New Strand Based Hair
The SBH UI will open with your figure in it.
There are tabs along the top
In the set up tab tick the box of the area you want the hair to grow from. For example Fur Body
Go to the paint tab paint where you want the fur using the brush tools (to erase set the brush value to 0).
Distrubute tab sets the amount of hairs.
The other tabs help style etc the hair.
When done click accept.
Thank you!