• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This is Harder than it looks...

eclark1894

Visionary
I'll probably give up on it, but it is fun to work on.

upload_2019-4-19_7-11-47.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I'm screwed. My phone was charging in my computer room so I got up to answer it. But when I sat down, My chair rolled out from beneath me and I fell over backward. I didn't get hurt, but I knocked over my computer. It seems to be fine too, but I was working on my sea doo jet ski in Blender and I had done a significant amount of improvements. But I didn't save. And I had to reboot my computer. Lost everything I had done for the last two days and don't know if or how to get it back.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ouch! I always save often while I'm working on a project, be it modeling, or just scene creation. I also shut down my computer every night, so even if I didn't do it often, I would have to do it by the end of the day.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's simple Earl. You just select one of the edges of an entire line of edges where you want a seam to be, then go to Select > Edge Loops, and once the entire line of edges are selected, you go to Mesh > Edges > Mark Seam.

Oh, and if you decide you didn't put it in the right place, you can do the same, just go to Mesh > Edges > Clear Seam, and then start over.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well, I'm screwed. My phone was charging in my computer room so I got up to answer it. But when I sat down, My chair rolled out from beneath me and I fell over backward. I didn't get hurt, but I knocked over my computer. It seems to be fine too, but I was working on my sea doo jet ski in Blender and I had done a significant amount of improvements. But I didn't save. And I had to reboot my computer. Lost everything I had done for the last two days and don't know if or how to get it back.

Been there, done that. Would you believe I started to choke while eating a piece of toast, I stood up fighting for breath but only made the door before passing out. I have no idea of how long I was out but came to and found I had grabbed my computer on the way down smashing it from the deck to the floor. As I reached to replace it I noticed I was covered in blood, I had caught my head on the striker plate in the doorway and gashed my ear. I never realised just how much ears bleed. Hours later I arrived back home after a visit to the hospital to be stitched. My computer had stopped, not surprisingly but still started up but I lost the best part of the day on the render I was working on. I now have auto save set up in Poser 11, just is case.

It really hurts when you loose work like that.

eclark1894

Visionary
It's simple Earl. You just select one of the edges of an entire line of edges where you want a seam to be, then go to Select > Edge Loops, and once the entire line of edges are selected, you go to Mesh > Edges > Mark Seam.

Oh, and if you decide you didn't put it in the right place, you can do the same, just go to Mesh > Edges > Clear Seam, and then start over.

Thanks, Miss B. I'll give that a shot!

eclark1894

Visionary
Thanks to Miss B, I remembered how create a UV seam again. Naturally, I tried and discovered some problems with my mesh. I discovered this wile working on the Dawn's House project I made. So I'm currently trying to correct some of those mistakes.