• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Saw this funny story on the morning news...a little old lady beat off an attacker with her baseball bat :)

Link to story and video interview: https://fox17.com/news/offbeat/65-year-old-woman-fights-off-300-pound-half-naked-man-with-baseball-bat

bat-lady.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) It's really Janet's work...I'm just the beta tester, in the background :)
Here's her Hivewire lion sit....and I agree, very nicely done :)

Hivewire Lion sit ani1.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Janet did an especially great job on these animations. I'm sorry it took me so long this week to get it together...today was the first day that my eyes were up to running the test animations.

This one is a Hivewire leopard, sneaking :)

Hivewire Leopard sneak ani1.gif

skylab

Esteemed
According to Andrew Price's email today, release date for Blender 2.80, which is still in beta now, will probably be some time in July.

:coding:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
According to Andrew Price's email today, release date for Blender 2.80, which is still in beta now, will probably be some time in July.
Yes, I had read that somewhere. I still need to get a more up-to-date OpenGL for his puppy, or get a new laptop before I'll be able to use version 2.8.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) Yeah, I had my heart set on being able to try the new Blender interface...I'd been waiting literally several years as changes were being made. Then when it was suddenly tied to OpenGL 3.3 or better, I was seriously disappointed. Now I'm back in the loop since I got the new workstation....though it's refurbished and dated by current standards, it is still adequate to meet the system requirements for Blender's upgrade this summer. And...it seems like my rendering time is flying now to what it had been doing...to whip off that many multi-color animal animations that quickly would have been impossible before...so I'm wondering how superfly will do.

Hey Janet :) Hope these animation tests will be a help. I'm assuming you received your emails.

I'm heading for my long afternoon nap, so I'll check back here later on this evening.

:sleep: