• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Looking at those houses and I love the dangly mountain one. Just imagine swimming in that pool, especially if it had a glass bottom. Mind you, I think a defibrillator would be an essential piece of household equipment if it had!

Anyhow, it's evening here so, good evening everyone. The bad news is we had some rain today but, the good news is it was warm rain. YARROO! SUMMERS HERE! :shineon::snoopydances:

DanaTA

Distinguished
Good evening. OK. Just OK. Trying to find some hair for Baby Luna. Settled on maybe trying some hairs for Maddie, Matt, Kids4, even V4. Why is it so hard to find hair and clothing for this figure?

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Good luck with that Dana. I've searched high and low for hair for Baby Luna and came up with just one suitable for a baby. It was a freebie which Karanta put me on to. I used it in Sisters (in my album Mytho's View). If it's of use I'll go dig out my records and see where it came from.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I'd like to see it, sure. If I could model hair, I'd do some, but modeling is in its early stages for me. Hair is not something I want to try for a while, if ever.

Dana

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Evening all! Easter Friday is drawing to a close and I’m thankful not to be one of the thousands of people on the road, bumper to bumper, from Auckland north. As I’m already here, ensconced in my ‘holiday’ home, I can be a little smug that I chose the better place to live all those years ago. Hope you all have a nice holiday weekend that does not include being stuck in traffic.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Hi Lorraine! Morecambe was descended upon and for a change, we had beaches made of people instead of mud. OK! To be fair some of them were somewhat muddy people, but what the heck! Roads around the centre were chock-a-block but fortunately, we live to the east of Morecambe proper and Emma who commutes between here and Lancaster had the good sense to detour through Bare Lane to the north and actually got home 15 minutes earlier than normal.
Even better news today. Over the last few years the people of Morecambe have been engaged in a running battle with certain members of the council and the people who own the art deco Midland hotel who decided they were going to build 'high-rise executive homes' on the seafront between the hotel and on land which used to hold the Bubbles nightclub, dolphinarium and open-air swimming pool. Basically, this comprised a continuous multi-story concrete block which would have turned the main road along the promenade into little more than a 'canyon' to funnel visitors away from the sea-front proper. Initial protests extracted promises from their agents that they would modify their plans to provide openings (two as it transpired) through which visitors could view the Bay. Not as generous as it sounded as it was intended that said 'viewing points' would have been gated. Not surprisingly, it took some effort (and legal assistance) to force them into admitting that they intended that the promenade itself would be for the exclusive use of the residents of said executive homes. All this right in the centre and most popular part of Morecambe. So, anyway, long story short. We won! The greedy builders have skiddadled and more than a few of the equally greedy councillors involved have decided not to stand in the upcoming local elections. (One has to wonder why! Hmmm! :cautious:)
The upcome of all this, which was first proposed by a group of residents, is that today contracts were signed between Morecambe and Lancaster councils and the Eden Project to commence work on a series of buildings (amazing things based on cockle shells) containing a variety of sea-based environments from around the world and, which will be open to all visitors all year round. Sadly, the Eden Project declined our request that one of the smaller buildings could be completely filled with seawater into which we could deposit the aforementioned councillors, but what the heck! Result! :snoopydance::bounce::snoopydances:

Lorraine

Hi everyone! It’s raining dammit! Today was going to be ‘fetch new batteries and solar panel to go with new solar charger already fitted’ day :somad:

Pleased to hear you vanquished the bad guys, Myth, doesn’t happen often enough and needs to be celebrated when it does. I do like the councillor filled aquarium idea, can think of a few pols down here I’d like to see join them :sneaky:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Hi Lorraine. :)
Good news there Mytho.

Hi everyone! It’s raining dammit! Today was going to be ‘fetch new batteries and solar panel to go with new solar charger already fitted’ day :somad:

Pleased to hear you vanquished the bad guys, Myth, doesn’t happen often enough and needs to be celebrated when it does. I do like the councillor filled aquarium idea, can think of a few pols down here I’d like to see join them :sneaky:

Thanks guys! I think the word is over the moon and there are a lot of very happy people in the old town tonight! We've got the first set of plans from the Eden Project and a firm promise that local residents will have a say in things every step of the way! Its taken 9 years but it feels like we've finally turned the corner and are on our way to putting Morecambe back on the map. I don't know if you are familiar with the Eden Project but they come with a very well respected reputation for innovation and community-building and have brought sound investments into areas like ours in the past. As for the gobshi...ahh! councillors, while the aquarium idea is out though understandable as seawater pollution is a big thing around here, there is always the proverbial long walk along a short pier thanks to the conveniently placed Stone Jetty! :whistling: :sneaky:

Incidentally, today was the hottest day of the year so far. Glorious sunshine and lots of scantily-clad young la.....Err! Happy visitors! :cool:

Lorraine

It stopped raining, ish. Managed to get my new batts and panel between the showers and fitted them this arvo. What a job! My hands feel like I dragged 150kg up a mountain instead of lifting five lots of 30kg in and out of the battery locker. Three old 105AH out, two new 120AH in, wiring all connected, solar charger is telling me I have the same amount of battery power as before. Methinks my 315AH had lost one third of their capacity. Def time for some new ones. The old ones don’t owe me anything but, they’ve been there 10 years and were secondhand when I bought them for $50 each. The new ones were $320 each...I wonder if THEY will last as long.

Lorraine

It was accomplished with a lot of screaming and cursing, and blood, sweat and tears, Myth. It’s times like this I think it’s a good idea I live alone...I’m not very refined when faced with recalcitrant ironmongery ;)

Lorraine

yep, raining here too and supposed to thunderstorm later
rain is just ok, thunderstorms are just not, hope they don’t include hail, Rae.

Hi every one, got sun here. I guess it warmish but I am freezing lol
Had to light the fire for the first time last night, nip, nip, nippy! Not going to bother tonight, I’m going to stay in bed instead.