• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Hornet3d

Wise
Girl power for the win! Just replaced the split radiator hose in the car, only had to get the chap from next door to wrangle the restraining clips back on for me as my hands were giving up by that point. Now I am hot, bothered, very pleased with myself and more than ready to call it a day lol

Congratulations !! You have every right to feel well pleased with your self and earned a rest, no need to conquer more than one challenge in a day. Sadly I am of an age where I no longer play with cars and pay someone else to do it.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Congratulations !! You have every right to feel well pleased with your self and earned a rest, no need to conquer more than one challenge in a day. Sadly I am of an age where I no longer play with cars and pay someone else to do it.
Thanks.
Given the option I'd rather leave it to someone else, but that tends to cost so what I can I'll do my self

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks.
Given the option I'd rather leave it to someone else, but that tends to cost so what I can I'll do my self

I just put my car in to have some work done and it sure does cost. I am still arguing with the warrant company just how much of the bill they are going to pay.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Hornet3d yeah I have to put the car in soon to get some stuff done so I can get a warrant of fitness and I hate to think what its going to cost but its all stuff I can't do

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d yeah I have to put the car in soon to get some stuff done so I can get a warrant of fitness and I hate to think what its going to cost but its all stuff I can't do

We have a similar test here in the UK called the Ministry Of Transport Test or MOT, it used to be for any that was three years old or older but they have changed to rules recently.

The repairs on my car include a high level rear brake light some repairs to the suspension and a new steering lock module. I do have a warranty but to save money I took a voluntary excess but I did not read the small print so they will not cover the brake light and they class the steering module and suspension as two different claims, in fact they regard the suspension repairs to be one claim for the front work and a different claim for the rear work. The end result is they regards the work as three different claims meaning I have to pay three excess payments. Needless to say I will not be using them next year, the surprise is the the official Honda warranty is a much better deal which is a surprise.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Hornet3d we had a rule change there too, now I need to get a WOF every 6 months as my car is pre 2000.
I have to get the brakes, hand brake done and a tyer for it to pass, no warranty/insurance either not that any of this would be covered by it any way

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Howdy folks. January has been a sad one. The day after I returned home from my stay down country including a couple of nights with Dreamer (a lot of 3D talk was talked) I got a message from Dave and Carole via dinghy that my darling little fluffbum had to be put to sleep. She had developed diabetes and they were giving her insulin but just after they got back to Palmerston North before New Year she went blind over the course of a week. She was so frightened and they made the difficult decision to take her to the vet for a forever sleep. I was heartbroken. I spent a couple of weeks avoiding the world and crying a lot. She was the light of our lives.

IMG_0898.JPG

Our last time as housemates. Goodbye my beautiful little one xxx

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I am so sorry to hear this. Our furbabies to take a piece of our heart & soul with them don't they.
Big, big, hug for you.

:grouphug: