• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Terre

Renowned
Interesting developments at work today.
Apparently Manischewitz considers their GF Matzos to be Kosher for Passover. It's made from potato flour ant tapioca starch. That does fully avoid the potential of wheat being contaminated with rye which one person I've talked to mentioned.

We also got bad (but not totally unexpected) news about one of our vendors. A company that specialized in carrying almost 100% New Mexico products had changed hands early last year has gone under. The boss was expecting this as the new owners seemed to think that all they had to do is carry lots of products and sit around the office. Some of the things they carried have been picked up by another company that focuses on this state so we haven't lost all of what they carried. Hopefully we will be able to do direct orders from the manufacturer for some of the other things. We'll be looking into that tomorrow for one line..

Hornet3d

Wise
Interesting developments at work today.
Apparently Manischewitz considers their GF Matzos to be Kosher for Passover. It's made from potato flour ant tapioca starch. That does fully avoid the potential of wheat being contaminated with rye which one person I've talked to mentioned.

We also got bad (but not totally unexpected) news about one of our vendors. A company that specialized in carrying almost 100% New Mexico products had changed hands early last year has gone under. The boss was expecting this as the new owners seemed to think that all they had to do is carry lots of products and sit around the office. Some of the things they carried have been picked up by another company that focuses on this state so we haven't lost all of what they carried. Hopefully we will be able to do direct orders from the manufacturer for some of the other things. We'll be looking into that tomorrow for one line..

Hope you get it sorted, maintaining supplies when a company goes bust is always difficult and you have to feel sad for those that lost their jobs.

Some years ago I used to by model railway stuff from a well know, and well established German company. I had the great privilege of meeting one of the founding members who was in his eighties but still went into the factory everyday although he had passed his control of the business to younger members of the family. A few years later the company celebrated their 125th anniversary but a few years after that it went under. I often wonder who the chap I met took the news, he was a lovely guy and I suspect he knew his workforce very well it must have hurt him so much to see all of these workers loose their jobs.

Terre

Renowned
It's always sad to see something like that happen.
The man who had gotten our account set up and done a huge amount of work on building the business apparently saw the writing on the wall after working for the new owners for some months and left the company several months ago. When you run a business in a way that causes the best workers that you inherited from the previous owners to leave there is a problem.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Girl power for the win! Just replaced the split radiator hose in the car, only had to get the chap from next door to wrangle the restraining clips back on for me as my hands were giving up by that point. Now I am hot, bothered, very pleased with myself and more than ready to call it a day lol

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
If I had more tools I could do a lot more myself but there is only so much you can do with two pairs of plyers and a screwdriver lol.
Still now I am not going to worrie so much when on the road

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hey everyone! Hope all are well...these holidays have been very busy for me as a stray cat gave me a Christmas present of 5 cute kittens under my rose bushes. I have a video on facebook but can't transfer from there to here. I will have to transfer it from the tablet. They have been keeping me very busy. As you can see they ended up inside as one went missing for 24 hours and I thought one of the large crows that had been frequenting my yard had got it. I was devastated as I had considered bringing them in due to the heat and hadn't. When the kitten went missing they came in and mum just had to deal with it. She actually likes being indoors and tries to come in further than the front room where I have them. I keep my kitty at the back of the house where she normally hangs out.

My daughter is keeping the black one but I'm looking for homes for the rest if I can't find them homes I will take them to a rescue centre. They are very cute and cheeky. We're gradually introducing the kittens to Vesper, she is very unsure and just backs away with a tiny growl if they get to close. Tia(my daughter's kitten) went up and tried to play with her tail. She back away and just growled quietly. Between that and decluttering today is the first day I actually opened DS.

Oh well maybe this year I will get more done as I'm going down to 4 days a week at work.
Sorry for the crappy photos I'm useless with a camera.
49650782_540161186485191_9165305874309185536_n.jpg
49896696_544569556044354_5792392426681270272_o.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Awwww they are so adorable!

If the shelters there are anything like they are here they will get homes real fast.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Ooo kittens! Wish I could take one.
Side note, I do not recommend spending two days in blistering heat without enough to drink :shineon::oopsie:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I wish you could take one Dreamer, they are very cute and each have their own little personalities.

I hope that the oops doesn't mean you let yourself get dehydrated? It is easy enough to do...

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
yep I dehydrated, just a little but it was enough to have feeling and, apparently, looking rather ill

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Im ok now Miss B, I came home early cause I wasn't the best and spent a good few hours with a fan and cold cloths on head and neck plus lots and lots of water.
I'll be taking a bit more care this weekend plus a cooler outfit lol

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Good idea. When I have to be out of the house in the really humid days during the summer, as soon as I get home I take a cool shower to wash off the sweat, and then finish off a cold bottle of water to cool my insides, before doing anything else. Then I usually feel back to normal.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Yeah, the weather has gone crazy here, today when I first got up it looked like rain now the wind has got up and the grey clouds have gone but its almost cold