• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

Harimau

Eager
All the antlers we have for this animal... so far.

View attachment 44223
Reminds me of the extinct Moose-sized Bush-antlered deer (Eucladoceros dicaranios) as shown below:

Extinction around the world.png

Bush-antlered deer (Eucladoceros dicaranios).jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
would love this with a variety of horns and if you are going to make available tac for it plea do not make only a modern looking western style one but something more fantasy/fay/woods dweller like! :p

BTW is this beautiful beast going to have a beard belly hair or shoulder/hump scruff or mane?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
would love this with a variety of horns and if you are going to make available tac for it plea do not make only a modern looking western style one but something more fantasy/fay/woods dweller like! :p

BTW is this beautiful beast going to have a beard belly hair or shoulder/hump scruff or mane?
I don't think they are going to make a separate tack (unless a 3rd party will), but it should fit all the HW Horse tack, I think it was the Classic Tack that Chris showed on an earlier page (pg 10 I think). (the Classic tack could have textures made to fit the look you might be going for).

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I think the saddle could be morphed into a more fantasy styled saddle. Not sure about adding on little bits to the reins and what not but that saddle could def be morphed into fun, fantasy shapes..

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I don't think they are going to make a separate tack (unless a 3rd party will), but it should fit all the HW Horse tack, I think it was the Classic Tack that Chris showed on an earlier page (pg 10 I think). (the Classic tack could have textures made to fit the look you might be going for).

Exactly. Additional map work could give a nice unique look. But really, what CWRW has done for it as is will look great. The current challenge with the Classic tack will be finding the time for Paul to adjust the rig. After the Mule Deer Buck release, we'll have our Antler Pack to get out, as well as the Doe and Fawn. Then additional Big Dog breeds to release, plus our Faces of the World for Dawn, and so on.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Some very early WIPS on my Red Stag and early LAMH work too. All are Iray renders. (also to note- the deer does not have any of the jcms/mcms etc..this is a total quick rig Paul did for me so I could get started on the LAMH for the buck)

RedStagLAMH1.jpg

RedStagLAMH4.jpg

RedStagLAMH5.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, and I'm not a user of the latest version of DS and Iray, so to me this (other than the LAMH option) is a look at what's to come for the Poser version.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Those are so awesome!
Now there is a set I will not try to tackle for texture making...lol.
No one could outshine these!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow Laurie!!! Sweet candie coated goodness right there.

If these are "very early WIPS", I can't wait to see your "very late WIPS". Don't know what else you'd have to do, but these are gorgeous right now as is. The variation of the length of fur, coloration, and the clumping at the tips shows fine attention to detail. Super nice work!!! From the reference material I was looking at while modeling the antlers, I feel you've nailed the coloration, the dark to light striations and the light tips.

Looks awesome!!!

I simply need to post these on FB. Too impressive to limit their view.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Exactly. Additional map work could give a nice unique look. But really, what CWRW has done for it as is will look great. The current challenge with the Classic tack will be finding the time for Paul to adjust the rig. After the Mule Deer Buck release, we'll have our Antler Pack to get out, as well as the Doe and Fawn. Then additional Big Dog breeds to release, plus our Faces of the World for Dawn, and so on.

Don't forget the rat.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Don't forget the rat.

Ha, for sure. The rat, and the Siamese cat (both versions), the Asian Elephant, baby Elephant, Toon Elephant, the Zebra, Giraffe, Warthog, Mr.Pugsley and outfits, the baby Gorilla, and his mother, the Spanish Bull, Milk cow, Moose, Caribou, Reindeer, Tiger, Wolf, War Pony tack, Deer Headdress, Ruckus and Dusk Armor set, Pony tail hair for Dawn, Dusk, and Baby Luna, and Dusk Skeleton.