• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Government shutdown will a bite out of us here if it goes on.
My grand-daughter and my son-in-law have lost days at work due to the snowstorm so we are hurting already.
We just had a family meeting to discuss our options to keep from losing this house we just got.
And to keep food on the table.

If the idiot in office decides to stop the SS checks we won't be able to make it unless my daughter and I both work.
She is in as bad a shape as I am health wise so I don't know how we will work period.
We need to clean out the government that is in and get some fresh ones in and hope they aren't all idiot too!
As it stands we have a tantrum throwing baby for president and idiots in the house and Senate, all parties.

I am not a happy camper!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If you let your landlord know early you'll be late with the rent and why it should be okay.

Hornet3d

Wise
Government shutdown will a bite out of us here if it goes on.
My grand-daughter and my son-in-law have lost days at work due to the snowstorm so we are hurting already.
We just had a family meeting to discuss our options to keep from losing this house we just got.
And to keep food on the table.

If the idiot in office decides to stop the SS checks we won't be able to make it unless my daughter and I both work.
She is in as bad a shape as I am health wise so I don't know how we will work period.
We need to clean out the government that is in and get some fresh ones in and hope they aren't all idiot too!
As it stands we have a tantrum throwing baby for president and idiots in the house and Senate, all parties.

I am not a happy camper!

I would imagine you not being a happy camper is a major understatement, I know I would be livid. Although I follow American politics I am not that well up and I do not want to make this political but, whoever is to blame, the shutdown is plain wrong. It clearly hurts many and no one gains in the long run. It also adds to the lack of trust in all politicians of all sides. You are not alone, the problem in the UK is we seem to have politicians that cannot make a decision but are not prepared to stand down and let someone who will take office. The result is the same the public has become bored and the small trust they did have is vading by the day. The only possible upside is that the working people are not suffering to the degree that you are, not yet anyway.

Sad to say, but from what I see of the American news there is no end in sight, but I still hope and pray it will end soon and you will make it through without having to lose your house.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It will be rough but maybe something will work out.
The main problem in the next month will be keeping food in the house.
If they cut SS checks things will get bad.
Seems government's the world over are hurting the ones they are supposed to be working for.

Hornet3d

Wise
It will be rough but maybe something will work out.
The main problem in the next month will be keeping food in the house.
If they cut SS checks things will get bad.
Seems government's the world over are hurting the ones they are supposed to be working for.

It doesn't matter where in the world they are what side of the fence they are governments should be all about putting people in work, not putting them out of work

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I just looked online and SS checks will continue to come during shutdown.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thankful for that unless he decides to mess with it too.
We need a stable government and so far neither party is providing it.
In all my years I've never known a time when the government was this unstable.
If it doesn't stop soon it could throw us into another depression.
I remember mom talking how hard the last one was.
People are getting worried and that means they will start hoarding funds, investments will slow and that is bad.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thankful for that unless he decides to mess with it too.
We need a stable government and so far neither party is providing it.
In all my years I've never known a time when the government was this unstable.
If it doesn't stop soon it could throw us into another depression.
I remember mom talking how hard the last one was.
People are getting worried and that means they will start hoarding funds, investments will slow and that is bad.

You are right, when the future looks uncertain people tend not to spend but put money aside if at all possible just to see them through the crisis.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well news this side of the pond is no brighter with our parliament voting down a possible deal for us coming out of the European Union but there is no consensus on what will they will agree on. Today we have a vote on no confidence in the government but all the signs are that either way this will not provide any clearer a view of a path forward. Looks like the outcome will be to go for another referendum which is unlikely to resolve the issue to any large degree or a general election where we can vote in the same politicians who can't agree on anything and that is after two and a half years. No matter where you are or what your political leanings are the brave new world is not looking rosy for the workers. At least I managed to find the money to upgrade my computer last year so at least I can escape into the world of 3D art where I have so much more control.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well my son-in-law's and grand-daughter's payday got here, so we are short around $2.50 to get through for the next two weeks.
If more winter stuff coats the roads before their next pay, we up a creek in a leaky boat and no paddles!
Daughter was going to see her plasma bu they won't take id due to too many meds she has to take...sigh.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I got into mischief last night on Face book and now my friend's list is shorter...lol.
Seems some folk do not like being called out over reposting or making hateful political, religious, sexist or LGBT remarks.
My time line was getting so filled with them I had to scroll forever to read stuff I really wanted.
So now I can view my wall without that non-sense filling it one after another. :)

We did not get the extra snow or ice they predicted and I am so happy we didn't.
My body is already hurting from the weather now, don't need more cold, wet stuff.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I spoke too soon!
Went to the kitchen to get a nibble and looked out the window, SNOW!
And only 20 minutes earlier there was nothing, now the ground is nearly covered. :(

Hornet3d

Wise
Sorry to hear about the snow and the fact you are hurting because of the weather. We have it cold in my part of the UK but no more than usual. Some snow is forecast some way north of use but I am hoping we will miss it for a week or so as I am having the driveway relaid.

Hornet3d

Wise
I got into mischief last night on Face book and now my friend's list is shorter...lol.
Seems some folk do not like being called out over reposting or making hateful political, religious, sexist or LGBT remarks.
My time line was getting so filled with them I had to scroll forever to read stuff I really wanted.
So now I can view my wall without that non-sense filling it one after another. :)

We did not get the extra snow or ice they predicted and I am so happy we didn't.
My body is already hurting from the weather now, don't need more cold, wet stuff.

I have a very short friends list as I don't do Facebook but it is the same in the real world in that I have very few friends but they tend to be long term ones.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well I have been trying not to get into mischief but my niece ad her husband did this week.
They came to visit and stay a couple days because she had an appointment at STL for a follow up medical.
They left for the appointment yesterday morning but only made it a few blocks from here.
Some woman ran a red light and slammed their car on the passenger side, my niece was injured a bit.
Her neck and back were injured so they put her in a brace and loaded here into an ambulance and took her to the hospital.
After tests she was told the neck and back are only bruised but she needs to rest as it also shocked her system.
The car is totaled so they are stranded here for awhile, until the insurance company contacts them.
she is still in pain.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well I have been trying not to get into mischief but my niece ad her husband did this week.
They came to visit and stay a couple days because she had an appointment at STL for a follow up medical.
They left for the appointment yesterday morning but only made it a few blocks from here.
Some woman ran a red light and slammed their car on the passenger side, my niece was injured a bit.
Her neck and back were injured so they put her in a brace and loaded here into an ambulance and took her to the hospital.
After tests she was told the neck and back are only bruised but she needs to rest as it also shocked her system.
The car is totaled so they are stranded here for awhile, until the insurance company contacts them.
she is still in pain.

Glad to hear she is basically OK and should be fine with rest, hopefully she recovers quickly. She needs to make the most of the rest though, not often you can rest without feeling guilty these days. Hope the insurance is sorted quickly, most shunts like this result in a complete write off as the car is usually banana shaped afterwards, but at least twisted metal can be replaced, lives can't.

DanaTA

Distinguished
That's terrible! I hope she fully recovers. In the meantime, she still needs that other medical appointment, right? Insurance doesn't pay much for a totaled car. They should go after that other driver for a new car! I hope the other driver was insured.

Dana