• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
We were finally able to get out and run errands today...and it was our typical Winter Olympic store stampede, or equal to a Blue Light special on the most needed items. After that experience, it makes one appreciate being house bound most of the time...haha.

Terre, sounds like you were about to blow away out there...tie a knot and hang on there girl :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
There are a number of free tutorials on Poser dynamic clothing at the link below. If I understand it correctly, there must be accompanying tutorial videos somewhere on Rendo also. Since I'm running late getting my afternoon nap, I'll pursue this later, but wanted to at least post the general link to the PDF's so that I wouldn't forget it.

FREQUENCY POSER DYNAMIC CLOTHING TUTORIALS

:coding:

Terre

Renowned
We were finally able to get out and run errands today...and it was our typical Winter Olympic store stampede, or equal to a Blue Light special on the most needed items. After that experience, it makes one appreciate being house bound most of the time...haha.

Terre, sounds like you were about to blow away out there...tie a knot and hang on there girl :)

Some of the gusts were over 50mph. Fortunately I didn't get blown away. :)
Glad you were able to get out and run errands. Sounds like other people were thinking the same thing.

skylab

Esteemed
Here's the Mil Cat, doing the "Carry Me" pose. I did a quick and dirty alteration on the tabby texture to be closer in appearance to Tiger Paws...he was sort of half and half...white on the bottom, orange on the top :)
This is the closest I could come to the extreme side-to-side bend in his body without breaking the mesh, since he was doing almost a 45 degree angle with his head and left hind leg...haha.

MIL CAT - CARRY ME POSE.jpg

Some pics to show his coloring, and also his loving temperament. My cousin was fascinated with how submissive he was...he'd go almost limp for affection, and to avoid any aggression or scratching.

TIGER-PAWS.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
As the holidays draw closer, my 3D projects are shrinking due to time limitations. Today's brief mini project was experimenting with superfly renders of a bowl of fruit I had modeled years ago. Interesting effect with one of Dimension3D's superfly mats turning a plain bowl into a basket.

FRUIT-BOWL-superfly-dof.jpg

fruit-bowl-poser.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like that basket look for the bowl in that first render. I have that set of shaders, so was wondering which one did you use to get that effect.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm aware of it, but I don't have anything past the original Genesis/V5/M5, so have not tried it. From what I understand, it's supposed to work nicely, but I don't have personal experience with it.

The only complaints I remember were folks having problems with DSON, but I'm not sure if it was just because they didn't have the most recent version of DSON, or some other issue.

skylab

Esteemed
I happen to have Genesis 3/Michael 7 that came free with an installation of DAZ Studio at the time (I think it's more like Michael 8 now), so was just wondering...it would be just enough to test the workflow path, perhaps with some freebie clothing.

skylab

Esteemed
I've been holding back this project that I'm saving for the winter, but I'll give just a sneak peek now. Back when Rendo was having big sales, Project Evolution joined my runtime. I have been totally impressed with the built in morphs, hair, textures and characters...I would without hesitation compare her to a female version of Apollo. Most of the clothing that has been created for her is Poser dynamic cloth, and Karanta has created some beautiful clothing not only for PE, but also fits for Dawn, V4 and Pauline (with tastefully done promos). I'm mentioning this now because some of the outfits are still reduced in price, though not as much as back in the fall. There is only one freebie conforming outfit so far (see below), so I'll have to use this when creating pose sets this winter, and there are a number of other freebie outfits and shoes on Rendo.

So here's a test render of a PE biking pose (below)...which will lead to horseback riding and driving poses later, and the usual musical stuff that I do, as well as possibly stretching toward new stuff since PE could use the support. I have in the past mostly done poses for male figures since there was such a lack of support for them...and I wanted to be careful to "stay in my lane" and not impose on anyone's already established turf...so we'll see how it goes with PE. I'll also be testing Scarlet by Sixus1, still half price for a few more days.

PE YAMAHA.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
This was a quick test back in the fall of Project Evolution's built in facial morphs...I wanted to see if she could transform into an elderly character, either man or woman. The chest will dial back to flat and the hips can be narrowed, so I'm assuming if clothing allowed, it's possible to create a PE man. Also, I failed to mention that apparently Sixus1 is eventually planning on creating a male character called Jonathan to go with Scarlet.

pe elderly.jpg