• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to partner with Reallusion on Content.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The major difference in iClone is that you can only create characters in CC3. In Poser/DS we do everything in the same program, but in iClone that part is done in CC3. Both iClone and CC3 have buttons to send the model straight to the other program whenever you need to make a change, but at first this may look odd comparing to what we are used to.

rampa

Inspired
The having to create the morph slider in CC3 is important. When you import a character you have morphed in DAZ, you are essentially just importing the baked output. It is not able to import all the morph sliders at once. That would probably take a week to do!

So you can make a body in DAZ, and transform it to CC3. You can then save that body or head as a morph, like Ken mentioned.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
So you can make a body in DAZ, and transform it to CC3. You can then save that body or head as a morph, like Ken mentioned.

And this is the where the interesting part is - if we bake and store body and head morphs dials from Dawn, Genesis and V4, we can mix and match them in CC3.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am still learning how things work in CC3, but it looks like whenever you save a custom morph dial, it asks if we want just the head, or just the body. Not sure if it is when we create the custom dial, or when we save presets to the library. I think presets can be only for the head, or only for the body. I have to play more with these things to be sure. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ok, I've got an answer at the Reallusion forums, and the process of splitting head and body morph is not as simple as I thought. It involves a couple more steps, but it's definitely feasible. ^__^