• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Goes Shopping

eclark1894

Visionary
How do they look now?

upload_2018-12-13_20-39-38.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming the blue area is the inner sole, and if that is the case, that is arched up to the arch in her foot, but the inside edge of the shoe's wedge is still straight, and not arching up to meet her foot.

If this is just an interim screenshot, and you plan to have the inside edge of the shoe to meet up with the blue insole, then you're on the right path.

eclark1894

Visionary
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming the blue area is the inner sole, and if that is the case, that is arched up to the arch in her foot, but the inside edge of the shoe's wedge is still straight, and not arching up to meet her foot.

If this is just an interim screenshot, and you plan to have the inside edge of the shoe to meet up with the blue insole, then you're on the right path.
There are a lot of little nits to pick with this shoe. Getting the inner sole to arch support the foot was just one of them. But yes, it is my intent to have the inside base of the shoe conform to the insole. Just trying to figure out how.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I can't think of an easy way to do it either, so trial and error will be the best way to figure it out.

The only thing you "might" want to try, depending on how many polys you are working with, and how low you want to keep the poly count, is to have enough cuts in that area so that you can grab just a few polys near the inside edge, and lift them as if you were trying to create a small mountain for a landscape. Just a thought, as I don't know if that would actually work.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Court shoes, in my neck of the woods, are athletic shoes worn on the basketball court. The soles are rather flat, unlike running shoes. They are probably always white soles, so as not to mar the court.

Dana