• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I don't know. A dinner Fritter sounds terribly good to me. Even better would be a maple bar or a humongous cinnamon roll. Or ... cinnabon!

It's only been 40 or 50 years since I had a maple bar. They probably aren't anywhere near as good as I remember them being. For that matter, the last time I had a cinnabon was about 30 years ago.

Dinner tonight was a bag of Birds Eye Steamfresh Sweet Corn and two slices of toast. I was just too tired and brain dead to fix anything that involved more than tossing something quick into the microwave and toaster.

Mmmmm maple bars. When I was a kid I had a daily paper route, and part of it was delivering to businesses. One of those places was Winchell's Donuts. I delivered a paper and in return received 2 maple bars that I would consume before I got to my next stop, the funeral home.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
My dinner tonight.... salmon salad
Ohhhhh that looks scrumptious! Salmon happens to be my all time favorite fish, and there's a place right across from my gym where I sometimes go to pick it up, and take it home for dinner.

They present it in a large salad bowl on a bed of lettuce, and the salad dressing they use . . . OMG, absolutely delicious!! Hmmmmm . . . ~looks over at clock~ Unfortunately it's too early here for dinner.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Since the deer will be able to wear the horse's skins, will overlays made for the horse work on the deer? Or will there be a lot of texture stretching? I'd like to create some overlays now for when it comes out.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Since the deer will be able to wear the horse's skins, will overlays made for the horse work on the deer? Or will there be a lot of texture stretching? I'd like to create some overlays now for when it comes out.

Here is the older version of the deer using Whisper's silver skin- in general I don't think there will be too much stretching/difference, but there could be a little. This old post shows Whisper on the bull, the buck and on Harry.

I would think you could have the overlays well along and make any minor adjustments as needed.
RELEASED - HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
More JCM reshaping here. Trying to reshape and minimize the geometry stretching that would affect UVs. Six more to go now.

Showing pairs as before and after shots.

Morph102.JPG

Morph103.JPG

This was a tough one.

Morph104.JPG

Morph105.JPG

Morph106.JPG

Morph107.JPG

Morph108.JPG

Morph109.JPG

Morph110.JPG

Morph111.JPG

Morph112.JPG

Morph113.JPG

Morph114.JPG

Morph115.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
A graceful animal made only more beautiful with your map work Laurie.

The face is great. Looks so real. The antlers look awesome too, and the added bump or displacement really adds to it. The spikey textured look of the fur body is very nice, with that kind of salt and pepper look to it. Like the white patch in the inner thigh, I imagine that runs up around the tail as well. The legs and hooves look great.

Gotta post a couple of these on our FB and link back to here.