• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I started modifying the textures and settings to Dawn, not all that hard as maps are similar and only need a bit of adjusting.
The newest Antonia was weight mapped and her bending/posing capabilities were as good as Dawn's.
Most people were put off because she was not knock out gorgeous out of the box and had a rather large nose.
But she was so easy to morph and when done right, she was very lovely.
I still enjoy working with her and have kept her free site open on my web site.

ockham

Here's a neat gimmick. A terrain with a Seasons dial. 1=spring, 2=summer, 3=fall, 4=winter.

http://ockhamsbungalow.com/blog104/seasons.gif
Not quite ready for release yet. It's a PP2 with an external OBJ for this particular terrain. You can substitute your own OBJ, and the PP2 will apply the same variable shaders. The only restriction is that the material in the OBJ (the 'usemtl' line) must be named 'terrain'.

Here's the ZIP with the usual runtime arrangement and readme.

http://ockhamsbungalow.com/DreamVillage/Seasonal-terrain.zip

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Buttercup in the desert.jpg

I started playing around with A4 again, since I am almost ready to start my online comic. I have to message Cartoon Network and see if I can get permission...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was never much of a fan of Aiko, though I liked A4 a lot better than A3, but you've got her looking good here Rokket. :)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I do think you need a certain amount of love to make things work. If not for the base figure, then for the character you want to portray. I think I have that when it comes to the story I want to tell.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So, this kind of.. happened tonight. It wasn't planned. I started out in Poser working on Dawn poses, and somehow ended up playing with this Siren character from the Halloween giveaway over on Fantasy Attic. She's one of Summoner's models, and once I had her in the scene, I just started making poses... and then... this scene got put together before I knew what the heck I was doing. LMAO :laugh: :roflmao:

Crazy Siren - Summoner
Golemz (Stone) - Sixus 1
Victoria 3 (the carrot-top lying on the ground)
Rendered in Poser Pro 11, extensive postwork in Photoshop for lights, colors, shadows, and smoothing the DOF.

Happy Halloween, I guess! LOL

Committed Siren.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Aha! OK, because I could see a similarity between Blossom and Bubbles, but not with Buttercup. Then again, it could just be the expression on her face. :)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Aha! OK, because I could see a similarity between Blossom and Bubbles, but not with Buttercup. Then again, it could just be the expression on her face. :)
I think that might be it. They have a smile. She doesn't smile unless you force her to.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Not as much as her expression I think. I'm used to seeing the same character with different length hair, and can still see a resemblance. Her expression, and her looking over her shoulder, makes me wonder if they're all the same basic character. Sometimes it's amazing what an expression and stance will do for a character.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I just wish I could put as much life and character into every pose I create like I did that one. You know everything you need to know about her in that one pose. I get lucky sometimes.