• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Secret Service Uniform??

Darryl

Adventurous
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Secret Service style outfit like the ones pictured. It hardly matters what figure it's for, but I would prefer to stick with Genesis 1 or 2, Dusk, M4, M3, or David even. I'm willing to kit bash and assume I may need to pull it into Blender to tighten it up. Actually a nice military vest might do by itself.

Thanks in advance

crosby photo1.jpg
crosby7.jpg
crosby10.jpg

BrotherHades

New-Bee
Looks like their outfit consists of BDU pants, duty boots, a MOLLE vest with assorted pouches attached and a Polo shirt. Not too hard to kit bash a uniform together. Modern Desert Soldier for M3, and Modern Desert Soldier for David have a Kevlar vest with MOLLE attachment strips that could be pretty easily recolored to black, BDU pants, and duty boots. Other than that it looks like the rest of the outfit you would just need a Polo style shirt or short sleeved dress shirt.

Hornet3d

Wise
Always seems strange to me, wearing a uniform that reads Secret Service.....some secret.

Heard someone on TV talking about a piece of artwork computer generated using AI, the comment was, it is not the painting that matters more the method used to create it. Bit like saying ignore the delights of the old masters it is the brushes they used that are important.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I can see why they would have it plastered on their uniforms . . . they don't want to be mistaken for the criminals.

That said, I'm not sure whose bright idea it was to call them the "secret" service. I'm sure whomever it was could've come up with a better name for them.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Following the Civil War, counterfeiting of US currency was a huge problem. Apparently, almost half the money in circulation at the time was counterfeit! The Secret Service was created as a branch of the Treasury Department to combat this counterfeiting ... in secret. President Lincoln established the United States Secret Service on April 14, 1865, and who knows ... maybe he even named them the Secret Service :wink: Sadly, Lincoln was assassinated later that day. It wasn't until 1901, after the assassination of President McKinley, that the Secret Service was tasked with protecting US Presidents.

In 1867, the Secret Service expanded into "detecting persons perpetrating frauds against the government, " which included investigating "the Ku Klux Klan, nonconforming distillers, smugglers, mail robbers, land frauds and a number of other infractions against federal laws."

The Secret Service has two missions ... one is the protective services, while the second is investigating financial crimes. That includes investigating counterfeiting, forgery, and theft of US money and securities, as well as fraud (credit card, telecommunications, computer, and identify).

The Secret Service uniform varies depending on the agent's responsibility. Agents on protective detail may wear business suits (like all those guys in suits surrounding the president), or any other attire one would wear to blend in (surfer dude agent anyone?). Plainclothed (civilian clothed) Secret Service agents wear a little pin on the lapel that identifies them to other agents as Secret Service, rather than that big splashy I'M A SECRET SERVICE DUDE on a vest. Uniformed officers, like those in the photos above, wear standard police or utility uniforms. Which of course, includes the ballistic/identification vests that say Secret Service.

Interesting little tidbit. The FBI was created from the Secret Service.

So ... there you have it. The Secret Service may not be quite so secret anymore, but many agents on duty are indistinguishable from the rest of us. Even wearing jeans and a jacket. And ... they wear sunglasses just like the rest of us, to keep the sun out of their eyes :p

Miss B

CV-BEE
Interesting, and probably why FBI agents change into bullet proof vests with FBI plastered on it, again to identify themselves to the local law enforcement. Let's face it, they can't flip their credentials while both hands are engaged in holding an AK-47, or similar weapon. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Like BrotherHades said, look to the military models and retexture them would most likely be best.
And if someone can make me a Belgian Shepherd model I would be over the moon (my half BS/half Huskey looks the most like the one in the middle but with a longer coat lol)

Hornet3d

Wise
Following the Civil War, counterfeiting of US currency was a huge problem. Apparently, almost half the money in circulation at the time was counterfeit! The Secret Service was created as a branch of the Treasury Department to combat this counterfeiting ... in secret. President Lincoln established the United States Secret Service on April 14, 1865, and who knows ... maybe he even named them the Secret Service :wink: Sadly, Lincoln was assassinated later that day. It wasn't until 1901, after the assassination of President McKinley, that the Secret Service was tasked with protecting US Presidents.

In 1867, the Secret Service expanded into "detecting persons perpetrating frauds against the government, " which included investigating "the Ku Klux Klan, nonconforming distillers, smugglers, mail robbers, land frauds and a number of other infractions against federal laws."

The Secret Service has two missions ... one is the protective services, while the second is investigating financial crimes. That includes investigating counterfeiting, forgery, and theft of US money and securities, as well as fraud (credit card, telecommunications, computer, and identify).

The Secret Service uniform varies depending on the agent's responsibility. Agents on protective detail may wear business suits (like all those guys in suits surrounding the president), or any other attire one would wear to blend in (surfer dude agent anyone?). Plainclothed (civilian clothed) Secret Service agents wear a little pin on the lapel that identifies them to other agents as Secret Service, rather than that big splashy I'M A SECRET SERVICE DUDE on a vest. Uniformed officers, like those in the photos above, wear standard police or utility uniforms. Which of course, includes the ballistic/identification vests that say Secret Service.

So ... there you have it. The Secret Service may not be quite so secret anymore, but many agents on duty are indistinguishable from the rest of us. Even wearing jeans and a jacket. And ... they wear sunglasses just like the rest of us, to keep the sun out of their eyes :p

Interesting history, thanks for sharing.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I ync most countries have a secret service. We even have one in Ireland! I can't imagine why we even need such a service in our small neutral State, perhaps to keep the ruling elite safe from very poor and angry people ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Very nice Darryl. That looks very close to what you were looking for.

I have a couple of things from Xurge's store that I haven't used in a long time. I probably should pull them out of storage. ;)