• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dusk SE Teeth

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Not sure if anyone has posted about this yet. I just noticed a minor problem with Dusk's teeth in Daz Studio (I haven't checked Poser version).

Whenever morphing or moving Dusk's head, he seems to get little fangs on his bottom teeth. The teeth do snap back to normal when the dial is released, but it appears that little corner sections of the lower teeth are affected by the weight maps of the head. This is an easy fix, I could even do it myself, but just wondering if a minor update is in order for future downloads.

On a sort of related note: Why are Ruckus's teeth so small in relation to his head? His head is scaled up, but his teeth are not, leaving a weird amount of room between his teeth and the inside of his mouth. Just my opinion. Thanks.

Fangs.jpg

Dusk Teeth

TeethWM.jpg

Teeth weight mapped with head

RuckusTeeth.jpg

Ruckus's tiny teeth in big mouth

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
There was a thread recently with the topic of spiky teeth. I think it was on the Hivewire dog, but it might have a solution if you can find the thread. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks for this discovery. Looks like a vert or a small group of verts gets affected on the outer margin of the lateral incisor in the morph transition.

We'll have to ask Paul to take a look at it and see if he can clear it out. We'll let folks know when an update is available.

As to the Ruckus small teeth concern. It's been a while since I've worked on Ruckus. I'll have to take a look at him. Perhaps it's just a matter of a scaling issue that might solve it for us.

Again, thanks so much for noticing anything that is a concern and needs an adjustment on our end. Much appreciated.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
There was a thread recently with the topic of spiky teeth. I think it was on the Hivewire dog, but it might have a solution if you can find the thread. :)

Yes, the solution is to repaint the teeth weight maps to match the lower jaw, not the head. It is not hard to fix on my copy of Dusk, but I wanted to let HiveWire know so they could update the original for future purchasers.