• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
There's a vendor on Rendo who calls himself 1971s...he always creates imaginative, whimsical props that work well in the Nursoda world. With the sale price plus 20% off coupon, I was able to add some more of 1971s work to my collection...and now he has finally earned his own runtime in my Poser 11 . He's done boats, spaceships, interesting houses, and has even created three houses with a middle eastern flavor...so they will replace what I lost at Cornucopia. Here's a quick animation of his "Floating House", much reduced because of all the colors.

2018 - 1971s floating house-Hein---ANI.gif

Terre

Renowned
That explains why my post was before yours. ;) Anyway, she got them up and people will have fun with them.
You having fun is fun to see.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) Yes, he has such a unusual, imaginative style. If the doors and windows to his houses were rigged, they would truly be excellent. He tends to be like Nursoda in that he creates uniquely original work at a very reasonable price. I've been very slowly collecting some of his work for years. The best way to find his stuff is by going to his vendor pages...I waded through 27 pages of Rendo new releases that all looked alike...don't get me started on that...sigh...and then I finally saw some of 1971s stuff. So, a quick link to his page is an act of time-saving mercy on my part, trust me :) I wish Rendo would do their store like ShareCG...that is, it is divided according to Poser, DAZ Studio, 3D models, textures, etc. Occasionally somebody will mess up and upload to the wrong section, but mostly it's well organized, and works. If Rendo would separate their store items that way, it would sure help.

:bee:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have bookmarks for my fave vendors' stores, and a good many of them do both 3D and 2D items, so would probably show up in both categories, if Renderosity were to do that, though I don't think they ever will.

skylab

Esteemed
Terre, it's good to return to having fun :) I have hesitated to mention this, especially when I first returned to be active on the forum, because I didn't want anyone being overly concerned...or having my participation in the forum degrade to daily "organ recitals", which would have been a drag for everyone...and I wasn't sure about my concentration and stamina, and there was no other way to test that than to launch into creating pose sets to see if I could take the pace. I've been testing the water, so to speak, with everything I've been doing, and so far, it feels like I'm up to it. The biggest test was finding out where the heck I was in my work when the strength and concentration began to seriously drain out of me. I remembered that testing the priest project for Maja was the last thing I did, but I had so many things that had been set aside that had not been completed. I'm just about caught up now...I have one more group of pose sets to do using the 1957 Chevy Convertible freebie, and I've found most of the scene files needed for future projects. Having said all that, I think it's okay now to share why I'm having so much fun...and this week marks the two year anniversary of when all the drama began in 2016. I'm in complete remission now, totally cancer free, but dealing with it took over a year and a half. When one finally jumps up, restored from that type of illness, it feels so good to laugh and have fun again, and even reminisce about fun had with others in the past, which is what we've been doing lately :) Having just been through a time of confinement that was not fun at all...I'm even more determined to seize each moment for joy... life is too short and unpredictable to not make the most of it. My doctor has released me to twice yearly check-ups, which is of course expected after dealing with the C-word, until enough time has passed to graduate to annual check-ups. So, guess I'm like Slon...bouncing back now...and doing a flip, just for the fun of it :)

slon-trampoline-flip.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Janet! And as for the Slon animation...folks may recognize it as one of my oldies from the DAZ Forum. I was sweating bullets to get that flip at least close to being right...haha :)

skylab

Esteemed
Had to brave the old interface of Blender 2.46 in order to export the Big Buck Bunny blend file to .obj...and Poser 7 is much more user friendly for playing around with Setup Room tests. I used my prop rigging method to test the bunny's flexibility, and he passed the touching the ground test, so the UV Mapping and PHI builder method might work for a full rigging of the body. I've learned from experience so far that it will save time by doing a "pre-test" of the mesh in the Setup Room for evidence of breaking before investing the time to rig the entire figure.

big-buck-bunny-test2a.jpg

big-buck-bunny-test2b.jpg

big-buck-bunny-test2c-wireframe.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
OMG Blender 2.46?? I so hated those old 2.4x versions' of the UI. I was so happy when I finally got my hands on version 2.52 with the new/current UI.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) It was the old interface that discouraged me from using Blender in the first place. Just opening a file, and figuring out how to point to a folder of choice is a major investment of time...what were they thinking...haha. I had to go back to 2.46 because that's the version in which the Big Buck Bunny movie was created...so the files only play well with 2.46 and 2.47. I downloaded all the characters from the movie when they were available years ago, and version 2.46 was the current version of Blender at the time.

I've been surfing the free models on BlendSwap.com ...and there's some really cool stuff on there. It's an animator's paradise...sigh. I found one character that's a favorite of mine, and it just may end of being an incentive to face learning Blender animation...Scrat from Ice Age. They have a lot of Star Wars stuff, some Trek, and lots of characters already rigged, or that can be exported to .obj for rigging in Poser. Just watch the use permissions...most require mention of the modeler, some are completely public domain, others are considered fan art and cannot be used for commercial projects. I'm taking notes as I go in order to recall later the information needed.

I've been checking the Blender website often to see when version 2.80 is released, since you mentioned that there would be significant improvements in the interface with that version. I'll give it a try...you may be forever sorry if I get started using Blender...haha....so many questions, so little time.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Are you sure those old files wouldn't play in the newer Blender versions? Of course, I don't do animations, so that may be the difference. I do know I've opened some of my old .blend files with 2.78 and 2.79.