• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser Dynamics

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I am sure I saw this answered some where but can't think where now, what is the best way to go about using a dynamic item made for say V4 on Dawn? Run it through Xdresser? Just use it unconverted? Refit the .obj in a modeling program?
Thanks

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I would say making adjustments in scale and position is best for the vast majority of cases.

You may also want to keep your Collision Offset and Collision Depth to at least 0.40 or above otherwise it may not get all the poke throughs, although having 30 plus drape frames may take care of this.

However if you are looking at fitting it to a figure like Roxie or Jessie you may need to use the fitting room (or a modelling program), especially if you want the same dynamic item to fit multiple figures.

Here is an example of fitting a dynamic outfit made for Dawn to multiple figures;
Other Girls.jpg

Me195

Extraordinary
I am sure I saw this answered some where but can't think where now, what is the best way to go about using a dynamic item made for say V4 on Dawn? Run it through Xdresser? Just use it unconverted? Refit the .obj in a modeling program?
Thanks

One thing you could try is using FVerbaas's V4 prefitter. It's mainly for converting conforming clothing, but it still works with dynamic clothing. Like everything else it's results very, but I've had a lot of success with it. You can find it at content paradise in FVerbaas's store, and best of all it's free.

eclark1894

Visionary
Dynamic clothing is basically just an object file. The best thing to do is simply to scale along all three axes to get the best fit possible BEFORE you start the simulation. Give the dynamic cloth SOME cloth characteristics, like stretchiness and in-line bending, and make sure it's in the right cloth group. DO NOT attempt to run the simulation if the object is intersecting with the figure. It will likely fail.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
One thing you could try is using FVerbaas's V4 prefitter. It's mainly for converting conforming clothing, but it still works with dynamic clothing. Like everything else it's results very, but I've had a lot of success with it. You can find it at content paradise in FVerbaas's store, and best of all it's free.
Thanks, I'll try it and see how it works

eclark1894

Visionary
Here's another little trick to help you remember things when working with Poser dynamics. The more vertices a cloth object has the better it will bend. And yes, you can have TOO MANY vertices in an object. Think of it this way, if you're writing a story, The more words and letters you put on a page, the better the story you can tell. But if you put too many words and letters on a single page Everything becomes jumbled together and had to read and understand. You don't want too much whitespace, but you need a decent amount of whitespace.