• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Yes, it was the dip in the spine that really made the difference in your animation...the obvious bend to "push" against the ground felt realistic. And I had trouble with the Poser "floaty" thing when it doesn't know what to do with awkward movements, the feet will leave the ground plane altogether and try to just float to the destination...haha.

It just occurred to me, that may be the practical use for the leg kinematic setting...to prevent the floating....duh... okay...haha...I'll have to try it sometime.

:coding:

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
I think the hot lights are washing out the blue in the eyes. I'll fix that later. Anyway...it looks like Slon Stranger has his horse, Silvira, all ready to saddle up :)

SHETLAND PONY with UNICORN TEX - superfly2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Getting Silvira all ready for Slon . . .
Had trouble conforming the bridle...forgot what I did the first time around. I'll probably have to build the scene file all over again as I couldn't find the saddled version anywhere. Anyway, I got this far...haha. Wouldn't Suro get a kick out of this...haha.

Had to hide the fetlocks for now since they don't render well in firefly. Well, the sun has come up here, so I've been messing with this most of the evening. Guess I'd better get breakfast and then a nap, and continue this later with fresh eyes. Have a good day Terre :)

SHETLAND PONY with UNICORN-saddle - firefly.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Silvira is saddled and ready :) The first test animation is running now, to make sure the saddle and bridle stay put, then Slon will mount up.

SHETLAND PONY 2018 with UNICORN and saddle - firefly.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Silvira is trotting around in my Poser 11 construct...haha :) She hasn't dropped her saddle yet. She needs a little brighter lighting.
38 frames, 127 colors.

SHETLAND PONY with SADDLE - ani 2018.gif

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It does my heart good to see someone having fun with these! And I gotta say the movement looks pretty good!

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet...I dozed off to sleep just now watching TV :sleep: I guess I won't be partying all night with Slon...haha. I'm east coast US, and kept going all last night until morning...haha.

Yes, I'm very pleased with the movement in your animations, and seems like the project is moving forward now that the saddle and reins are behaving.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
I still have another animation running with perhaps brighter lighting, so I pretty much can't do anything until that finishes...so I may catch a few more winks and get up in a few hours, maybe three or so (it's midnight now), to continue working on placing Slon on Silvira...see you then Janet if you're still online later :)

Time for a little old lady power nap :sleep:

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
This animation finally finished rendering...it's a little lighter and trotting a little faster this time, so we'll see what happens when Slon makes the next trip around with Silvira :) I did have a brain storm while cat napping....that I could use Poser Debut to prepare Slon while Poser 11 was rendering, and not overwhelm my system, so I'll set up the Slon animation and then continue the nap maybe until 4:00 (two hours from now) while it's rendering :sleep:
This is 38 frames, 127 colors.

SHETLAND PONY with SADDLE - animation2 - 2018.gif

Charles West

Adventurous
Sky so much fun ... Janet the movie with a pause when the tractor goes by is a hoot. Thanks for all the fun renders. Sky I will look over the cards to see what I need to do with my emo set