• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Ultra Textures for the HiveWire Horse

Stormlyght

New-Bee
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if the CWRW Ultra Textures for the HiveWire Horse Pack 1 & 2 have been updated for Iray? I did a search under the update thread but was unable to find any mention of these particular materials being updated. Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Trish

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Welcome Stormlyght, I'm sure @CWRW will respond if she sees this thread.

I don't think they have yet, but what I've been doing for the ones that haven't been updated is to use an updated coat closest in colour to the one I want to use then swap out the diffuse texture of the Coat/Hooves/Inner Ear for the coat I want.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums Stormlyght. As Rae mentioned, CWRW herself would know best if, and when, they will be updated. I know she's been doing materials for all 4 render engines for Poser and DS lately, so these may very well be on her update list.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm sure Laurie (CWRW) will have a response for you next time she's on the forum.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Stormlyght, welcome to HiveWire.

I can tell you they have not yet been updated. I know Laurie (CWRW) has them on her list but not sure when they'll be updated.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Just found this thread thanks to FlintHawk. Yes I will be updating all remaining older CWRW & CWRW/HW textures for Harry to Iray and Superfly. I am aiming to get these done this year/sooner rather than later ideally:) I've done a lot of updating work on them already/just need to finish them up.

Sets to be updated still are: (and likely order of release, given where I am on updating them at this point)
Ultra 2
Ultra 1
Unicorn
Friesian

In the meantime, yes- Rae's suggestion above is a good one.

Western and Classic Tack- though both work pretty well in Iray and Superfly as is- the main thing I've done for my own renders is to swap out the metal mat zone to an iray or Superfly metal shader as desired.

Also- the best place to keep up to date with any of my products/projects or ask any questions about any of them is my thread here- CWRW Product Previews I am more likely to see/catch questions etc there.

Laurie