• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

is this normal at storefront?!?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
newStoreFrontHW.jpg

I STOPPED dead when I saw this...I'm always suspicious when I see that I have to click on something!! Is this from HW or what!?!?

MOST stores use cookies, and I have NEVER had to accept or click on something...and my browser is set to always accept cookie use!

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yes, it's part of our GDPR compliance. The EU has some new rules when it comes to doing business with their citizens and we had to make some changes and update some things to stay within those rules.

There will be a similar notification in the forums some time today.

Charles West

Adventurous
I received an email from a friend's site that explained the new rules. He releases a new notice of his music about once a month and sent out a click link on his site to approve the mailing part of the GDPR. Rather than the surprise he sent an email explaining the link to all his subscribers. This way he covered all bases.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I've been seeing this for several days all over the 'Net, so yes, with the new GDPR compliance, it's necessary for businesses to have this appear the first time you visit their sites after it's been adopted.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Lots of companies seemed to be leaving things to the very last moment (which was the 25th for the legal changes to come into force)- I had a dozen or so emails just on the 25th, and the same the day before, while most of the organisations I regularly deal with had sent out the information a week or more earlier.

Myself and many others I know in the UK are using it as a sort of opt-out from subscriptions and mailing-lists: if I don't respond/agree, the company is legally obliged to stop contacting me. Yay! No more 'unsubscribe' links that don't work!

Hornet3d

Wise
Lots of companies seemed to be leaving things to the very last moment (which was the 25th for the legal changes to come into force)- I had a dozen or so emails just on the 25th, and the same the day before, while most of the organisations I regularly deal with had sent out the information a week or more earlier.

Myself and many others I know in the UK are using it as a sort of opt-out from subscriptions and mailing-lists: if I don't respond/agree, the company is legally obliged to stop contacting me. Yay! No more 'unsubscribe' links that don't work!

I think that most companies are going to find their mailing list are a lot smaller in the coming weeks.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I haven't gotten that many emails about this, maybe one or two, mostly because I rarely signup for email lists, and if it happens automatically at first, I immediately unsubscribe.

I've just been seeing a number of notices on sites when I visit them for the first time after the GDPR went into effect.

Nod

Adventurous
I've had more of these than spam email over the last few days! Even places where I bought things from once, maybe a few years back, have sent me an update. :laugh:

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I've had loads of these notices by email and on web sites all this week. Even mobile sites on my phone are showing them. I think everyone in the EU especially are being targeted.

eclark1894

Visionary
A lot of this is fallout from the Facebook scandal a month or so back. As a result, Yahoo has changed it's policy on what it can and will share with other companies and why I have to find a new email carrier. A lot of this is precisely why I don't do social media, among other things. It's one thing to be part of a faceless crowd, but I attended the SM animation webinar a couple of weeks ago, then went looking for video editing software to list in my directory. Now everytime I log into YouTube, where I was and still am being inundated with DAZ studio ads, now I'm also being inundated with Filmora and You tube video editing software ads. Life sucks.

Last edited:

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
At least it is sticking to art supply ads. I'd like to know which of the other people in my household was searching for Victoria's Secret. I don't mind art supply ads (which I get lots of on some of the sites I visit), but I do object to crotchless undies ads......

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
A lot of this is fallout from the Facebook scandal a month or so back....

The GDPR has been planned for a while now Earl, the actual announcements with the compliance date were announced late last year, which I think was before the latest Facebook scandal. But yes it's very annoying knowing that people like me have been giving our personal info out on social media without knowing the consequences of it. The update notices they all make us look at are so long that I personally don't read them fully, or even more than partially!

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I'd like to know which of the other people in my household was searching for Victoria's Secret. I don't mind art supply ads (which I get lots of on some of the sites I visit), but I do object to crotchless undies ads......

OMG I just had a thought. Maybe someone in your house is buying a gift at Victoria's for you!