• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Fuji prop, at ShareCG. I'll also upload it to Renderosity freestuff, but that won't appear for a day or so.
Fuji test 02.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
I already downloaded, rated, and thanked you at ShareCG. Let me thank you again here.

It is the only Mount Fuji available for Poser. I've rendered it and love it even if at a distance.

I can find several pay and free versions of Marilyn Monroe but I can't find Einstein, Lincoln, Ghandi. I did make a Cyrano De Bergerac but Einstein at his crazy hair peak is really hard. I love historical figures and the great wonders of the world. I hope this inspires more of them. I'll keep working that Einstein. Just curious.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I wonder if using the Hair Room would work for Einstein. Of course, I've never used the Hair Room, so would have absolutely no idea how to do that. Just a thought.

quietrob

Extraordinary
As I gain confidence with the dials and morph brush, mastering the hair room is a must.

But look at that Yoda like mop and that caterpillar for a mustache. The world's smartest guy was bold! Like Lincoln, the wrinkles in his face gave him wisdom. You'd never mistake him for anyone else.
portrait-of-albert-einstein.jpg
Just a side thought. I think it's amazing that the icon for brains met the icon for beauty, Miss Monroe and that the two got along famously.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
thanks for the comments :)

I thought about Mr Bean today ....... so..............
Modeled & Rendered in Carrara
for Carrara users you can get the carrara file in my wacky thread over at Daz in the Carrara Board if you would like it.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, I'm making progress on my current project.

I realize that I'd not given you the information as to where all of this series is based. It's only shown in pieces and chapter tails, mainly, since so far most of the real action has been taking place elsewhere.

So, here is Knight Boat #6. The Knight Boats are run by the same company as the Knight Busses.

Here's what the story has to say about it:
"The Knight Boat looked somewhat like the Yellow Submarine in the old Beatles cartoon, except that it was purple, the Fab Four were nowhere to be seen, and the crew sometimes tried to talk like pirates, even though they were actually from places like Pittsburg."
KnightBoat#6.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
After Fawkes managed to save Snape's life and get him out of the Shrieking Shack before anyone came to recover his body, he got him as far as the Lake, where he summoned Knight Boat #6. Under the command of Captin Clark, and crewed by first mate Katfish, and the cook, who likes to call himself Seabiscuit.

Snape's dream of speaking with Merlin in the cosmic King's Cross station takes place soon after coming aboard.

Captain Clark has invited him to stay as long as he chooses (after he'd hexed a troublesome flock of doxies out of the bilge -- just because their buzzing annoyed him -- the crew'd been trying to get rid of them for years) thinking that a man who has a phoenix following him around would be a good man to have aboard.

Well, a couple of weeks later, they picked up a quartet of suspicious characters in Dublin. Most suspicious characters try not to draw attention to themselves. But not this lot. The went straight up to the bridge, drew their wands on the Captain and hijacked the ship.
Hijacking.jpg

It should be noted that in the actual project file, this is cropped as a chapter tail. Plus, all of these are being posted in the original rendered version. For the publication, I add a layer that's run through SnapArt 4's pastel treatment filter for softening.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looking good JOdel. I really like the Knight Boat #6, especially the fishtail at the back. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Can't take credit for that. Cybertenko over at Rendo actually did a model of the Yellow Submarine! I had to cobble together some primitives to give it more of a deck, and enough little portholes make it look big enough to actually fit the cast of characters inside. But that's just kitbashing.

Unfortunately, that raised rudder at the stern means that I can't show it at the surface, since you'd think a ship's rudder needs to stay submerged. But hey, it's a magic ship.

I may end up needing to kitbash an entry with a gangplank since the text mentions one. But so far I don't need one for book 1.
Thanks though!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
awesome KnightBoat #6
I don't think you'll have any problems surfacing the vessel... it is magical :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well I seem to be stuck in the "Do it. Now do it *over*." stage of proceedings. Much as I liked the previous version of Minerva's office, I realized that it wasn't going to work for other scenes taking place there. So I spent a day taking it apart and redoing it. At least the angle is better and matches the text more.

There are elements of the other that I still like a lot so at some future time, I may re-do it again. But for now, this one will allow me to turn off walls to make space for cameras. Even if the portraits do get reduced in size, overall.
Headmistress2.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
That platypus is a hoot. Couldn't resist it, even though I've no idea what I'll do with it.

Continuing on with the first adventure of Knight Boat #6; the hijackers are a quartet of Death Eaters who escaped from Ministry custody before trial, and they've decided that they are going to try a hand at being pirates. First they ransacked the ship looking for anything of value (didn't find anything. The only thing value is Fawkes, who was asleep behind a curtain).

Unfortunately this was only a temporary reprieve. Eventually Fawkes woke up, and crowed.

Snape was locked in the cargo hold with the passengers (a middle-aged tourist couple from Melbourne) while the pirate wannabes directed the crew to the north of Scotland, where there is a Dark Arts trader who would be very happy to purchase a phoenix. Once they get there, they lock the rest of the crew in the hold as well, and leave Stan Shunpike to guard the ship while they take the stunned Fawkes ashore.

Lydia, from Melbourne is an Animagus. She's a dragonfly. Once the ship surfaces enough to open the porthole. She flies up to the upper deck, manages to get Stan's wand, and talks him into helping them. It doesn't take that much effort, since Stan wants out of the whole situation already.

They let the crew out, Snape, (who as we know, can fly) heads off to rescue Fawkes, and the rest of the crew (plus Stan) follow.
Rescuers.jpg