• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Poser Content Directory is Finally Here!

eclark1894

Visionary
I can't think of anything off-hand. I'd have to check your stylesheet a little more closely, as there might be something there that's affecting some folks, and not others. Strange, since we're both seeing different things with the same browser, so they should be the same. I can see if one of your 3 browsers didn't behave like the other 2, but 2 instances of the same browser should look the same.

Meanwhile, as I said before, your directory itself is working just fine, so leave the banner alone for now, and maybe someone will eventually help you get it working the same way for everyone.

Shvrdavid just posted a screenshot at the SM forum of what he sees and it's worse than yours.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
On my computer using Edge, everything centres except your main image, the red title banner and the ad banner at the bottom (the top one does tho).

Also I noticed Faery_Light is under Clothing but I think should be under Characters? as I don't see any clothing in store.

Also I seam to be missing or am I too small? If not, I should be under animal (textures) as I have my Kitty Ponies textures and the BeJeweled horse textures are a team effort between myself and FL. I also have some clothing textures for some of Shelly W's basics clothing and Savage for Dawn textures (all my textures so far are DS and Poser).

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, as I posted over there, Scott's is basically the same as mine. I just think his monitor is larger, so it's more obvious in his screenshot than mine.

eclark1894

Visionary
On my computer using Edge, everything centres except your main image, the red title banner and the ad banner at the bottom (the top one does tho).

Also I noticed Faery_Light is under Clothing but I think should be under Characters? as I don't see any clothing in store.

Also I seam to be missing or am I too small? If not, I should be under animal (textures) as I have my Kitty Ponies textures and the BeJeweled horse textures are a team effort between myself and FL. I also have some clothing textures for some of Shelly W's basics clothing and Savage for Dawn textures (all my textures so far are DS and Poser).
Thanks for letting me know about the Faery Light listing. She has been moved.

As for your listing, after looking at your store page, all I can say is that it may simply have been a case of not knowing where to categorize you, putting it off, until it slipped my mind. Give me a couple of days to find out where you should be properly listed and I'll make a post here when I do. If at that time you don't agree, PLEASE let me know.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I only do textures but I don't think you have a category for Texture add-ons, otherwise it would be a texture subfolder under animal and clothing?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That might be a good idea Earl, as there are a LOT of texture add-on creators out there. Some of them also do modeling, so you may already have them in your directory, and would only need to add them to the new category.

Reactions: Nod

eclark1894

Visionary
That might be a good idea Earl, as there are a LOT of texture add-on creators out there. Some of them also do modeling, so you may already have them in your directory, and would only need to add them to the new category.
I think the quickest and easiest way to do it right now is to add a Textures section to the Add-ons category.

D

Deleted member 325

Sadly - as Poser 11 becomes required for more and more content, I will be ending Poser support soon. I will submit content for older versions and products as long as marketplaces continue to accept it and there are sales to justify it - but sales have been low for Poser content for me since RuntimeDNA closed.

eclark1894

Visionary
Why do you think your sales are low? I'm not questioning whether you're telling the truth, just wondering why you think people are buying less of your products?

eclark1894

Visionary
Sadly - as Poser 11 becomes required for more and more content, I will be ending Poser support soon. I will submit content for older versions and products as long as marketplaces continue to accept it and there are sales to justify it - but sales have been low for Poser content for me since RuntimeDNA closed.
Also, as far as I have seen Poser 11 is only required for items made for Superfly.

D

Deleted member 325

Why do you think your sales are low? I'm not questioning whether you're telling the truth, just wondering why you think people are buying less of your products?
I have many suspicions, but do not want to speculate openly as it may seem to be harmful to some figures or markets. I can say, I haven't released as much lately for a lot of reasons, and I used to release a lot more of M4/V4 stuff at RDNA but I am distancing myself from them.

eclark1894

Visionary
Something I posted over at the SM forum. I'm experimenting with adding a Search engine to the directory. It is not now and may never be a reality, but I'm experimenting.:geek:

Attachments

• 1524604185555-searchbar.png
    1524604185555-searchbar.png
    321.1 KB · Views: 309

Nod

Adventurous
I don't, but maybe I should start one.:geek:

Even though I've had Zbrush and Carrara for years, I still can't model anything, so I just make my own textures using photo references (which I sometimes take myself). I've toyed with the idea of selling them, so this category would be handy.

Dylan

Eager
Something I posted over at the SM forum. I'm experimenting with adding a Search engine to the directory. It is not now and may never be a reality, but I'm experimenting.:geek:

That's a very useful resource Earl. You obviously put a lot of time into it.

eclark1894

Visionary
That's a very useful resource Earl. You obviously put a lot of time into it.
Thanks Dylan. As I said, I'm experimenting. I seem to have three ways to go with this thing, build my own, use Google, or use a third party free one. It all seems to hang on how much I understand about how search engines work and the databases they use.

D

Deleted member 325

Are you stop making stuff at all or are you switching to DS products?
I will never support DS or Daz3D which was decided long ago, so I will simply be out of the markets once I stop supporting Poser. I'm hoping things will change that will allow me to continue, but it is not looking like it will.