• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't know if I've ever thought of trying terrains in Poser, mostly because I think only P11/PP11 have the new Construct, as that's the morphable ground. The older versions of Poser's plain Ground plane isn't morphable, or at least I don't think so. I could be wrong, as I've never tried.

I just can't see creating the type of terrains within Poser you can get in apps like Bryce and Terragen.

Carey

Extraordinary
the shader dialogue would be if you want to edit the master or make a new one..

eg.. two objects with same shader can be changed if needed.. that's why you will get that message
in 8.5 the menu text can be enlarged in the preferences...

welcome to RaRa, enjoy ;)

my unfinished Chitty Modeled & rendered in Carrara 8.5

View attachment 32334
delightful

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I don't know if I've ever thought of trying terrains in Poser, mostly because I think only P11/PP11 have the new Construct, as that's the morphable ground. The older versions of Poser's plain Ground plane isn't morphable, or at least I don't think so. I could be wrong, as I've never tried.

I just can't see creating the type of terrains within Poser you can get in apps like Bryce and Terragen.

I have to agree, the default ground plane doesn't have enough resolution to sculpt a detailed terrain, but we can still import a higher-res plane and sculpt on it with the Morphing Tool. I have already done this for private commissions. But of course, this would only get you the shape. Terrain dedicated programs such as Vue and Bryce can offer more specific tools and automatic textures.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I have to agree, though I haven't played in Vue. I wish they had a 3-year educational version of that, because I'd be playing in it for sure.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Miss B vue does have a free trial version, or at lest they use to. From memory it was only basic and after a certain point slapped a water mark across all renders but it was enough to give you a taste of what it could do and if you are lucky you can quite often get the base package really cheap on sale, like $40 I think I paid at one point, admittedly that's normally right before they bring out a new version but it gets you on the upgrade path that is a lot cheaper and you can add what modulus you want/need as you need them rather than forking out for the full deal up front particularly if you don't need every thing in the full pack just some.

Hornet3d

Wise
@Miss B vue does have a free trial version, or at lest they use to. From memory it was only basic and after a certain point slapped a water mark across all renders but it was enough to give you a taste of what it could do and if you are lucky you can quite often get the base package really cheap on sale, like $40 I think I paid at one point, admittedly that's normally right before they bring out a new version but it gets you on the upgrade path that is a lot cheaper and you can add what modulus you want/need as you need them rather than forking out for the full deal up front particularly if you don't need every thing in the full pack just some.

I find it a great program for landscapes and I did subscribe for a while between the 2014 and 2015 versions but then the ownership changed hands I believe and the update was delayed by months so I cancelled the subscription. The advice I would give is use the trial and get a good idea on what packages you may want otherwise it can be costly. I went that route originally and found to my cost it was expensive and at some point an upgrade will wipe them out and you have to buy the packages all over again. I waited to they had a sale on the studio version that has a lot of the packs included, it saved my loads in the long run.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I don't think I've ever tried exporting anything from Bryce, but now you have me wondering.
It's almost impossible. The format OBP is doesn't export. Plus things have to positive or negative (I think. It's been a while) before you can export ANYTHING. I havent installed it since my drive went belly up. If there is a fortmat that is recognized by both Poser and Bryce, I'd be grateful if you let me know. So far all the articles say how to import from other software into Bryce but not how to export anything out of Bryce. See Below? That was made in Bryce for my comic. I'd like to export that into Poser.

Castle of Hachimitsu copy.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
It's almost impossible. The format OBP is doesn't export. Plus things have to positive or negative (I think. It's been a while) before you can export ANYTHING. I havent installed it since my drive went belly up. If there is a fortmat that is recognized by both Poser and Bryce, I'd be grateful if you let me know. So far all the articles say how to import from other software into Bryce but not how to export anything out of Bryce. See Below? That was made in Bryce for my comic. I'd like to export that into Poser.

View attachment 37185

Wasn't there one version of Bryce you could launch inside Poser or something like that. i just have the vague memory of being able to use Bryce landscapes in Poser at some point but it was not via export. Then again it might be my age playing tricks.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
one before the footy comes on ;-)
Rendered in Carrara post in PSE2018

And to think that Carrara was the most efficient renderer of its time, when it was still owned by Eovia. I wonder if DAZ did anything to improve it ever since, or did they let it stagnate like they did with Hexagon and Bryce?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, that would be nice to work with in Poser.

I wish there was an easy way to export from Bryce as well. I've never tried it, so have no idea if it is at all possible.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And meanwhile my project is continuing. Or at least Volume/Voyage No. 1 continues.
It's yet another Potterfic (well, obviously). Written by an author who liked DHs almost as much as I did (i.e., not one little tiny bit).
In this one, Fawkes saves Snape in the shrieking Shack, gets him out of there before anyone comes to recover his body, and decides to adopt him. After all, Albus is gone and he wanted a new wizard.

They have escaped on Knight Boat #6 (run by the same company that runs the Knight Busses).

But of course, first we have a dreamscape conversation with Merlin in the celestial Kings Cross Station.
Or some form of celestial Station, anyway.

And now we can all see just why I am now finally moving on to Genesis 3 and Genesis 8. I was waiting for Ollie.
Kings-Cross.jpg

raven

Admirable
Miss B, with regards to terrains in Poser, don't forget that included with Poser (from at least Poser 7) is a cut down version of Microcosm (Figures->Places) with a few morphs (Pose->Places) so you can have a terrain in Poser.

This is a quick screencap just to show the microcosm and morphs in PoserPro 2012.

Attachments

• morphs.jpg
    morphs.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 205