• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Conforming Clothing

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Never ending, now if I try and repoint the cr2 to the proper obj file rather than the one poser makes I have a vanishing shoe. Just the one mind you not both plus I have texture stretch and smoosh gah!
Back to silo to see if I can fix the texture issue but not sure what to do about the vanishing shoe :confused:

Is it possible you have normals reversed on the "disappearing" shoe? Easy test...render the shoes. Reversed normals will show in a render while not in preview because of Poser's default setting of back facing polygons. The reversed shoe, though, will be a different color.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Is it possible you have normals reversed on the "disappearing" shoe? Easy test...render the shoes. Reversed normals will show in a render while not in preview because of Poser's default setting of back facing polygons. The reversed shoe, though, will be a different color.
Its not the normals, I don't know what it is, the obj's show up and render fine, the shoes even work fine untill you point the cr2 back the the obj file I made rather than the one generated by poser. Not sure whats going on at all. First things first though I'll see if I can't get this stretch and smoosh issue fixed.

English Bob

Adventurous
... if I try and repoint the cr2 to the proper obj file rather than the one poser makes I have a vanishing shoe.

Make sure that the OBJ for the 'vanishing' shoe has exactly the same group names as are used in the CR2, including upper/lower case etc. Lfoot will not be treated the same as lFoot, for example. If the CR2 is looking for a particular group name and doesn't find it, it will simply display nothing.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Make sure that the OBJ for the 'vanishing' shoe has exactly the same group names as are used in the CR2, including upper/lower case etc. Lfoot will not be treated the same as lFoot, for example. If the CR2 is looking for a particular group name and doesn't find it, it will simply display nothing.
The shoe obj's don't have any group names in them, the are just lShoe and rShoe respectively. Its only the left one that is doing the vanishing trick, the right is working as you would expect. I used Poser Ed to point the file path to the obj's I had made and am wondering if it is whats causing this, I am going to try manually changing the file paths and see what happens but not tonight

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
The shoe obj's don't have any group names in them, the are just lShoe and rShoe respectively. Its only the left one that is doing the vanishing trick, the right is working as you would expect. I used Poser Ed to point the file path to the obj's I had made and am wondering if it is whats causing this, I am going to try manually changing the file paths and see what happens but not tonight

See, when you grouped them in the rig, Poser saved a grouped object in the same folder as the shoes. You have to use that object.

Now, you can move/copy that object to your Geometries folder, but you have to use the GROUPED object or you will have the problems you are seeing. Your original object is still not grouped.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
See, when you grouped them in the rig, Poser saved a grouped object in the same folder as the shoes. You have to use that object.

Now, you can move/copy that object to your Geometries folder, but you have to use the GROUPED object or you will have the problems you are seeing. Your original object is still not grouped.
Ok fair enough but then why would one shoe work and not the other when both were done the same way? Just wondering