• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LAMH Presets for the Hivewire3D House Cat

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, I do know it *can* be done, since I've got copies of 4.9.2 and 4.9.4 both installed, and they both run. In fact, I can open them both at the same time and correct something in a different file while the other copy is chewing on a render.

The default is to overwrite whatever copy you already have installed, so you need to get that one away from harm before installing the other.
Now, one minor down side is that (on a Mac, at least) You don't get any control over where plugins land. They will go onto one or the other, and they will *all* go into that one. Sometimes you can drag them into the other copy's installation and they will work. Or it might be safer just to figure out which one the plugin landed in and make sure to use that one. I've not yet tried drag copying a plugin into the 2nd installation and seeing if both copies will run in their host version.

Michele

Eager
Thank you Saiyaness for the LAMH presets, they're wonderful! My first furry HW kitty (the interior of the cup says "Cats Rule," which seemed appropriate)

Michele

Eager
Thanks! I love this kitty, especially when it's floofy. :)

That mug gets it right. Our cats totally rule the household. Very spoiled old lady cats.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Looks like the hair density is nowhere near high enough? Should be 1,200,000 and then hit the "to obj" button etc.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hmm.. I've never used commas in the number LOL. Doubt that is it though.

So again once you've filled out the hair density box, you click the "to OBJ" button, (then wait and wait some more:)

You end up with this:
LAMHCat1.jpg

Then I deselect the "Rmans" in the LAMH group so they are hidden since I don't need them in an iray render/they don't work in an iray render anyway. One I've done that I get this:
LAMHCat2.jpg

Next I select that "Grp_0" and also select it under surfaces: ( I usually turn off that Grp_0 just to speed things up in these next steps)

LAMHCat3.jpg

I select the Iray Uber Shader and apply that to my Grp_0

LAMHCat4.jpg

Then I play with the translucency, glossy layered weight and glossy reflectivity etc. Then I make any render settings adjustments I want like sizing etc. Then I turn back on the Grp_0 and render!

LAMHCat5.jpg

I hope this helps, Wendi! Let me know how it goes!

wendi

Inspired
Hmm.. I've never used commas in the number LOL. Doubt that is it though.

So again once you've filled out the hair density box, you click the "to OBJ" button, (then wait and wait some more:)

You end up with this:
View attachment 36724
Then I deselect the "Rmans" in the LAMH group so they are hidden since I don't need them in an iray render/they don't work in an iray render anyway. One I've done that I get this:
View attachment 36725

Next I select that "Grp_0" and also select it under surfaces: ( I usually turn off that Grp_0 just to speed things up in these next steps)

View attachment 36726

I select the Iray Uber Shader and apply that to my Grp_0

View attachment 36727
Then I play with the translucency, glossy layered weight and glossy reflectivity etc. Then I make any render settings adjustments I want like sizing etc. Then I turn back on the Grp_0 and render!

View attachment 36728

I hope this helps, Wendi! Let me know how it goes!

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
European systems use commas sometimes instead of periods to register decimal places, so your original setting probably was registered as 1.2 hairs grown... Gotta love computers, sometimes!

Carey

Extraordinary
You're all going to hate me...because I uploaded the wrong preset for the Short-Haired Cat. :p

I did a transparent background .png of it yesterday and thought the coat looked a bit "clumpy" and weird. I was doing some renders today and noticed it looked off in these renders too. I thought I uploaded the right one, but I tried my other file, and matched it up to the image I had provided initially for it - and it was a match >_>

The first one is still fine. It just looks a bit clumpier and a bit shorter. The one I had intended for all was slightly longer. Here's a comparison (ignoring the change in DOF). Short and Short2. :p

View attachment 28332
View attachment 28333

Sorry for the massive renders...

Anywho, I'll add the Short2 version to my Deviantart as well for now and you can decide which one you like more. o_O

Colossal Idiot, signing off for now...

LAMH Preset for the Hivewire3D House Cat (Short)
looks fantastic

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I got the House Cat and now I'm ready to try this on a couple of textures I made.
BTW: CWRW, I have a Calico and a Tortoise Shell set too. :)
Only my Calico has been converted but I made a white one too.
Guess I'm going to have to be sure they look different...lol.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I am using the free player, how do I save the object under a different than the default?
There are no save options for doing that.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Hey any one know if there is away to save the LAMH after you have set it up for Iray so you don't need to redo it every single time?