• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I just Learned that Poser Licenses may not be redistrubuted

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmm, did SM even notify people about this? My copy of P9 is on my Mac, and I haven't cranked that up in a month of Sundays. Literally.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
According to a support person I've been in contact with the past couple of days, they're convinced the Libraries in P9 and P10 will work correctly with the latest Flash plugin for IE and Win7 Pro and Win10. I just can't use it on "my" laptop, but others who have the latest IE 11, shouldn't have a problem.

What that would mean for someone using a Mac, I have no idea. Maybe you should try loading it up on your Mac and see. If you have IE 11 and the latest Flash plugin, it may not be an issue for you.

Nod

Adventurous
That is strange. Several yr ago a friend of mine won a copy of PP2014 which she already had and knew I couldn't afford. She asked them if she could give it to me. It was a download, not a boxed product. They said yes, and gave me access to the download links at their website. So something must have changed.

That would be because it hadn't been used though. As it's not used, then it won't have been registered.

Nod

Adventurous
According to a support person I've been in contact with the past couple of days, they're convinced the Libraries in P9 and P10 will work correctly with the latest Flash plugin for IE and Win7 Pro and Win10. I just can't use it on "my" laptop, but others who have the latest IE 11, shouldn't have a problem.

What that would mean for someone using a Mac, I have no idea. Maybe you should try loading it up on your Mac and see. If you have IE 11 and the latest Flash plugin, it may not be an issue for you.

I can't comment on the Mac version, but Poser 9 is working fine for me. I use it to set up my scenes, then I render in Poser 11, or Carrara.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh my Poser 9 is working fine now that I'm using ShaderWorks Library Manager 2. My only problem was the Library wasn't there because I don't have the Flash plugin for IE11. In fact, I only have IE10, and I shut it down completely when IE11 first came out, before SM came out with an update for P9 to take care of the issue. I can't use IE, in fact, I can't even find it, so trying to install the newest Flash plugin, which my laptop says is unreliable for my Firefox and Opera browsers, is useless, and I can't access my P9 Library unless I use LM2.

Otherwise it's working just fine. It seems the external Air option for displaying the Library is only available for users of PP2012 and PP2014. Now I wonder if P11 has the external browser option for its Library as I use in PP11. I'm not sure.

eclark1894

Visionary

It's not likely to be an issue on my Mac. The OS is pretty old, and I haven't made any upgrades to anything in awhile. So P9 is probably going to work as it always did.

D

Deleted member 325

In your first post you had asked about Poser 10/2014 licenses - these are still being sold on Renderosity. In the marketplace search bar I used the terms "Poser Pro" and saw active products for Poser software going back to Poser 10, including Upgrade pricing from Poser 9.

Not sure if this helps, but though it might be useful for anyone who is still looking for Poser 10/Pro 2014/Game Dev license seats.

eclark1894

Visionary
In your first post you had asked about Poser 10/2014 licenses - these are still being sold on Renderosity. In the marketplace search bar I used the terms "Poser Pro" and saw active products for Poser software going back to Poser 10, including Upgrade pricing from Poser 9.

Not sure if this helps, but though it might be useful for anyone who is still looking for Poser 10/Pro 2014/Game Dev license seats.
You know, I totally missed that. I thought she was looking for a copy of Poser 9.

aqua1955

Yes, SmithMicro will transfer the key to another. The person must delete everything of poser 10 from its machine. You need to contact them. I transfert my license 2 years ago.
As far as I can remember I had to sign papers for this transfer, that I would not use it anymore. It is never usable on 2 pc's or laptop, because their system will see while you connect to internet with Poser.
Maybe you should look after a update that might be cheap enough, like they are offering now at Rendorosity.
Good luck to you!