• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
What kind of Post work are we talking about? Is this indeed for an animation?

I was wondering about that too. I mean how would you be able to keep the postwork uniform across all frames, unless it's something like lighting or colour correcting whole frames that could be batched?

Hornet3d

Wise
The "ambient boost nodes" only work in Superfly, so, yeah, in Firefly crank up the ambient itself. If the blue lights white out with ambient=30, then use an HSV node to increase the color saturation just enough to keep them blue, and plug that into the ambient socket.

The ambient set to glow by default in this content, Petipet does that a lot, which is what I would go with if firefly. I want to go the superfly route so I will go with your suggestions.

Thanks for the ideas.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Aagh, I hate having to do postwork; my drawing skills have a high degree of suckage. :sick: Trying to get the post work consistent throughout an animation will be tough. See if you can figure out what hair that is. I have SydneyG2. I probably have the original Sydney somewhere, but not on this machine (Urania).
What architectural model is she standing on?
Which render engine do you intend to use? Rendering 300 frames will take a while.
What other effects do you anticipate would need postwork?

I'm thinking if you get the motion sequence worked out, etc., and send me the PZ3, I can substitute a working lightsabre (no postwork needed) and render in either Firefly or Superfly at decent quality, then send you the PNG frames. You have a video/GIF/Flash editor?

The limitation is avoiding sending me someone else's geometries or texturing JPGs. So, we need to use items which we both have, or make substitute items ourselves.

P.S. lightsabre -both FF & Sfly capable- available at Renderosity or ShareCG

P.P.S. To check motion sequence smoothness and timing, you can quickly render Preview frames with hidden line display style.
I have it covered cousin. I need the practice in GIMP anyhow.
The platform she is standing on is simply called Platform in folder in my runtime called "Logan".
The hair is called "Miki2HairG2Fit".
I have a couple different video editors. I put the image files together using VirtualDub, and then add in the sound effects and the rest of the soundtrack using Magix Movie Edit Pro 16.
I need to practice with all of this software because I put off doing any sort of animation for several years, and I want to get back into it. The hardest part is getting the animation right. I still have to delve into the animation palette and figure all of that spline breaking and key frames hoodoo.
Oh, and I am rendering in Firefly since Superfly doesn't have the toon outline option.

What kind of Post work are we talking about? Is this indeed for an animation?
I am adding in the background image that I made in GIMP, and using GIMP to give the light saber it's glow. I added the toon line in render. I like it.

I was wondering about that too. I mean how would you be able to keep the postwork uniform across all frames, unless it's something like lighting or colour correcting whole frames that could be batched?
I keep everything uniform by using a handful of presets in GIMP, and batch editing the whole thing 5 or so frames at a time. I keep at it until my eyes get tired or my butt gets sore from sitting too long! Then I rest and hit it again.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
sydney lightsaber.png

Here is what the images look like before I do the post work.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
There is a story that the nose of the Sphinx was broken off by a cannonball fired by Napoleon's soldiers. Other variants indict British troops, the Mamluks, and others. Sketches of the Sphinx by the Dane Frederic Louis Norden, made in 1738 and published in 1757, show the Sphinx missing its nose.

But we know what really happened :devil"
a Carrara Render

Rokket

Dances with Bees
That looks like a major post job Rokket. I hope it works out for you.
I am fairly confident it will work. But I keep getting distracted (I am on here instead of doing the post work), so it's going slow. I only have the first 30 frames done. One second of film. 9 more to go... :D

Rokket

Dances with Bees
There is a story that the nose of the Sphinx was broken off by a cannonball fired by Napoleon's soldiers. Other variants indict British troops, the Mamluks, and others. Sketches of the Sphinx by the Dane Frederic Louis Norden, made in 1738 and published in 1757, show the Sphinx missing its nose.

But we know what really happened :devil"
a Carrara Render

I thought maybe it was that really big bird sitting on its feet.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Princess Rakishi Suzuki and Lord Woodrow Asimov were told they were on Vacation. Each was given an assignment by the Second Queen. The Princess was told to make sure Lord Asimov had fun. Lord Asimov was told to protect Princess Rakishi from any and all threats. Both were told to make money and have fun. As they sped on their red Vespa from the beach to Metropolis, Princess Rakishi had learned of a way to make money while she was absorbing information on what the Terrans called, "Cellphones".

"It's called Basketball," said Raki, short for Rakishi. "Every March the all castes of the American Global Empire apparently catches some type of madness about this Basketball. You can bet on it and make money. You'll see."

Woodrow knew of the girl's penchant for getting into trouble. He also knew she that she knew how to have fun. Although he wouldn't admit it, perhaps letting her kiss him wasn't so bad after all.
Sam Sadie Vacation version 2.jpg

A look at the page before I toon it and Recolor it and reink it. Sam and Rakishi are what the priestesses at the Temple on Moon Planet Ai call the "Blue Bugs or Bugs"

Minerva's Notebook : Lord Woodrow has the particular distinction of being the only male at the Temple. There are roughly 1000 members of the Noblity or Noble Caste.

Last edited:

quietrob

Extraordinary
Princess Raki cheered as Lord Asimov quickly earned a new nickname at the toughest and seediest basketball court in Metropolis. They dubbed him Lord of the Rings and the previous three players could only look on in wonder as a ten year old boy readied yet another jaw dropping thunderous dunk to win the game. Raki would collect the cash and she was pleased that the men accepted a solid bar of gold as collateral. Princess Raki had succeeded in her first mission. Lord Asimov was having fun!
Lord Asimov on Vacation.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey that's not bad Ken. I never could get the hang of doing Origami, though I always liked what I saw when others created it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well I'm envious, as I think the only thing I managed was some sort of flower-ish thing, but certainly not one with much detail.