• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am still working on the old "Type1" body sculpt for Dawn - haven't done the back, shoulders and neck yet. This is what the WIP looks like so far. While Type2 is stylized and Type3 is voluptuous, Type1 is more detailed, lean and toned. I have been using Type2 quite often in my renders, but I really want to finish this one. In this render I have finished the shoulder armor for the Succubus outfit. It has some fun morphs for different looks.

Nocturn_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is Dawn with my custom "Type-2" body shape, narrow shoulders patch, and tan lines overlays. This time I have build a compound shader node to facilitate creating overlays, and saved it to the library to later reuse with other masks and textures. I have spent 4+ hours tweaking the materials, since they were meant for Firefly, and looked completely flat in Superfly. I usually just delete the tons of shader nodes and keep only the texture maps. That seems to work the best in SF, and simplifies adding the overlays I have used in this render. Rendered in Poser with Superfly. It was a lot of work, but I like how it came out. :)

SummerMuse_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Ken1171 ! You keep showing us your morphs...and now 'tan overlays'... (for poser?) BUT WHEN DO WE GET THEM!?!?!? :)

That's a very good question. I have 3 main full body morphs under development: Type-1, 2, and 3. I have been using them in my renders for a while, and every time I do some changes to improve them in some way. Those are not "simple" morphs, in the sense that they change Dawn's skeleton because of the different proportions. CatsEyes was like that as well, where she has her own JCMs to pose correctly. I have just recently created the JCMs to fix the posing on body Type-3. In the redhead character above, about 30% of the Type-2 body shape has been changed. So every time you saw a previous render using Type-2, it was a different iteration of it to get to the current shape. First time I have used it, it was actually pretty bad. It's still a work in progress.

There is also the "narrow shoulders" injection morph I have been using with all of these body types, and I have been editing it extensively because the shoulders are a pain to get right. If you use Genesis, you might notice they all use "narrow shoulders" by default, which cause the upper arms to get partially inside the torso when the arms are down. The default Dawn doesn't do this, but my "narrow shoulders" changes that behavior. It basically changes all joints from collars to fingers. When we apply this morph, the entire arms skeleton changes. The morph injects ERCs to make the skeleton follow it automatically.

But here's the thing - "narrow shoulders" was intended to be used when the arms are down, to produce a more petite silhouette, which I consider more feminine. The redhead above had her shoulders reduced by about 60%. That's Ok for my personal use, but if I sell it on the store, it has to handle ALL shoulder poses, which is not what it was intended for. In the current version it [kind of] does that, but it's a paradox because I didn't make it for that purpose. For instance, if the pose has the arms up with hands on the head, using "narrow shoulders" will be mostly pointless because the result is not effective in such poses.

That's why I don't rush things to the store. Some need more work, and some I don't even know how to place them [yet]. :)