• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
We just had a 40c day yesterday in NSW with Devastating news from the far south coast about 200km south of me where around 35 homes were destroyed from bushfires...

It was a record autumn temperature apparently.. a lot cooler today around 25c

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sooo, they predicted 6-8 inches of snow where I live today, and put an alert on for 6:00am today through 8:00am tomorrow. That said, the outskirts of the storm showed up around 2:00am when the winds started howling, continued to howl at 4:00am when I awoke again, and was still howling when I woke up again at 8:00am.

It finally was snowing lightly when I awoke for the last time around 11:30am, but was much heavier an hour later. At that rate it looked like we could very well get the predicted amount of snow. Now I'm not so sure, because I just looked out the window again at 2:20pm, and I can't see any further build-up of snow. What's falling is much lighter, than earlier, and looks more like snow the heavy winds are blowing around than new snow. I hope it doesn't get bad again later. Guess I'm not going anywhere today.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Although it was probably mid morning before the snow started, it's been going through periods of really heavy snow and lighter, but still steady, snow all day here. It's not expected to start tapering off until 8 pm, and the Winter Storm Warning is in effect until 2 am. It's not seemed all that windy today. I woke a few times during the night, which was expected since I napped yesterday evening. But, each time, it was quiet outside. I did get up before 6:30 am, even though today we're closed because of the inclement weather. We've had one accident here already which involved an Xfinity van and another car. I was rather surprised Xfinity had techs working today. I wouldn't think cable was a priority during a storm. Fresh Direct isn't delivering today, and I would think other grocery delivery services also cancelled their deliveries. Seriously ... this is not weather to be driving in. But there are plenty of fools out there driving as if it's a normal day.

Snow here varies between a bit more than 2 inches near the Delaware River, and 8 inches or more west of us. Here, it's looking like maybe 4 or 5 inches.

It's not been the big heavy flakes of snow I expected, but smaller flakes. So, Tsuki hasn't been bothered at all by the weather ... not like the last two storms.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I've been looking out the window periodically, and it goes from heavy to light back to heavy again. I'm thinkimg we'll get about 4" as well. Up here I'm only seeing about 2 inches, but that may be because of the strong winds higher up here than down at ground level.

I went down to check the mail a little while ago, so looked out the front lobby door, and a couple of the cars out front have what looks like close to 4" already. I hope it ends in a few hours, so our building's handyman can get out there in the morning, and clean the sidewalks. I need to go do my weekly shopping, which I normally do on Wednesdays. ~sigh~

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, it's still snowing with no end in sight. They're saying this is going to be horrific through the morning rush hour. Boy am I glad I don't have to go to work, though I suspect a lot of businesses will be closed tomorrow.

I'm watching the news now, and it looks like we WILL get 6-8 inches, if not more. ~cringe~

Well, they CBS weatherman just said 10.5 inches here in this area. That's going to be a real cleanup mess tomorrow. ~shakes head~

The worst part is, they're expecting more snow over the weekend. ~sheesh~

Geeze, doesn't Mother Nature know Spring started yesterday?????

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Snow, snow and more snow a bit south of you, Miss B and a bit northeast of Satira. Looking like 8 to 10" so far. Power already went out once for a few minutes. A couple of weeks ago it was out for nearly three days. I've got my buckets filled with water, hot coffee and hot tea in thermoses and warm clothing. Wind they said will be coming hasn't started yet. Hopefully any power interruptions will happen while I am sleeping and warm in my bed.

Miss B

CV-BEE
You sound prepared Lisa, and that's good. We haven't had any power outages in this area, but there have been areas in NY that have been experiencing them. Only thing I can say about a power outage here is . . . I would have to walk down (and back up) 6 flights of stairs if I needed to run any errands. Then again, I don't know how many stores here have their own backup generators, so there might not be any reason to go out in any case. That's a sobering thought for sure.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
As of 6:59 pm, Center City has 7 inches. The city will be open for business as usual, and so will we. However ... 7 inches of snow in Center City means streets won't be clear and neither will the sidewalks. Fortunately, Thursday and Friday I work from home. Otherwise, I doubt I'd attempt the drive to work. The sidewalks and crosswalks are never cleared and always slick between the parking garage and work for a few days after it snows.

SEPTA says they will be resuming normal weekday schedules ... but to expect delays, detours, and cancellations. So ... business as usual there too.

They said the storm wasn't as disruptive for several reasons. The winds were strongest before the snow started accumulating on branches, it was colder than expected in the upper atmosphere, so the snow wasn't as wet and heavy as expected, and the previous storms did a fantastic job "pruning" weak branches and the trees likely to come down ... had already done so.

We're not expecting any more snow here. Though, we are expecting some rain Sunday evening. But Monday is expected to be clear and sunny. Just not exceptionally warm yet.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, we definitely had about 10 inches, or perhaps a bit more, and when I woke up the first time this morning around 9:00am, it was quite the site to see looking out my kitchen window at the fire escape. When I finally got up for the day around 10:30am the sun was out bright and shiny, and the snow on the fire escape was already melting.

Just now I looked out again, and more than half the snow is gone, and what's there is dripping steadily, so it's melting quickly. ~whew~ I'm glad, as I don't want to be stuck in the house another day. I have some errands to attend to.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looks like 11" to 12" here, thankfully already melting. It was a morning of power off, power on, power off, power on and we have been on for about an hour now. Most snow is off the tree branches now although it sure was pretty first things this morning with everything blanketed in deep snow. We lost one tree in the back yard. We live in the Pine Barrens so most of the trees here are pine which means soft wood that can't handle the snow weight.

I usually love snow storms but this year I am done. I say let Spring officially begin!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I miss living on the East coast and having the snow storms. There's a kind of excitement when they happen.

Now I live in Washington and we might get a few inches each year but mostly it rains.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh one large snow storm a year is fine, as it does make things pretty, even here in the city, rather than the suburbs, but this was the 4th storm in a 3-week period. Enough's enough already!!

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Weird weather we are having here lately. Tuesday was a lovely sunny day, then yesterday it rained all day and was very cold. Now it's just 2am , I'm after waking up and looking out the window and there is frost on all the cars.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Raining here. Had to reschedule a nature walk and went out to lunch instead.

Miss B

CV-BEE
The weather here yesterday was rain, mist, and wind all day, and it was raining pretty heavy when I woke up today.

Then the clouds cleared some, and we had sun this afternoon. Forecast says it's going to get warmer the next couple of days, and it should be sunny again tomorrow, BUT, there "might" be some snow over the weekend. ~sigh~

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Crappy weather here. It was funny last night, it was clear then just as the Commonwealth Games started it bucketed down but lucky only for about 15mins.